Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager - IT
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Infrastructure COE (INFCOE) to manage a medium to large size virtual team of Site Infrastructure Support (SIS) analysts, and possibly Zone Supervisors, for a Zone within APAC Region. The SIS organization is a global customer-facing organization focused on providing 2nd level client infrastructure support to all of Eaton’s internal PC users.
This person will have Expertise in IT Infrastructure (PC, printer, network, server, mobile devices, phone systems), with significant expertise in PCs and peripherals. They must also possess Significant expertise in service desk operations and IT Service Management (ITSM), including Incident, Problem and Change Management. They will have understanding of and drive QOS metrics and continuous improvement into their Zone, and possibly within Region, to enhance and improve performance. They will hold a Liaison between IT and site management to drive standards, influence financial and reduce business risk and also assist in resolving serious IT Infrastructure issues with the sites within their Zone. They will be responsible for IT Disaster Recovery plans for the sites within their Zone.
This person will be responsible for leading medium to large size team (greater than 6) of Site Infrastructure Support analysts, and possibly Zone Supervisors, including day-to-day management, performance reviews and counseling, career development planning, regular staff meetings and 1 on 1 meetings. Team members may be in the same site or different sites within the APAC Region. This person will drive for results to meet and exceed expectations, while understanding that Customer Service is of utmost importance. Oversees the provisioning of timely, reliable and cost effective support at all locations within their Zone.
Serves as the escalation point of contact for site infrastructure support for sites within their Zone. May lead medium to large size application, infrastructure and OpEx initiatives as needed related to site infrastructure within their Zone or small to medium size within the Region.
· Provide Site Infrastructure Support at sites and is the escalation point of contact for Site Infrastructure at the sites within their Zone.
· Provide direction, reinforce IT Strategic Plan and provide leadership to SIS staff within team.
· Provides guidance for more complex issues. Acts as escalation point within primary sites for IT infrastructure issues.
· Directs 2nd level support as applicable for site infrastructure hardware and software within their Zone.
· Ensures appropriate deployment of standard ITSM processes of Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management and project management to drive efficiencies, improve customer satisfaction and drive green operational metrics.
· Partner with Asset Management related to a) accurate tracking and timely lease returns for PC hardware and b) PC software standards and license compliance.
· Responsible for IT budgeting, forecasting and spending within Zone for SIS and site IT budgets.
· Promote use and improvement of SIS Knowledge Base and Enterprise Resource Group.
· Foster the education of customers with each interaction.
· Bachelor Degree in business, technology or related
· 8 years of relevant experience in IT service delivery
· 4 years of relevant management experience
· ITSM knowledge and experience - ITIL certification preferred
· Proven ability to manage a remote, virtual team
· Management experience within a large global company, similar in size and complexity to Eaton preferred.
· Experience with senior leadership interactions - IT & customer.
· Project management knowledge and experience are desirable.
· Makes good decisions based upon analysis, experience, global and cultural factors, and judgment.
· Sees the big picture and ensures alignment of own team’s work with Eaton’s overall strategies and long-term success—ensures the team knows the right things to be working on (or not working on), based on this alignment.
· Builds Organizational Capability by engaging, developing, motivating and accurately assessing others.
· Personally demonstrates the Eaton Values & Philosophies, and Eaton’s high ethical standards—is someone others want to work with and for.
· Effectively interacts with others, establishing open, candid and trusting relationships
· Advanced English skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time