Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
Eaton is on the hunt for a talented Production Supervisor for 3rd shift. The Production Supervisor will sit out of the Greenwood, SC facility.
Develop, direct, and coordinate plant resources to deliver continuous improvement in safety, quality, productivity, business systems and process standardization to meet customer demands in the most cost effective manner. Foster an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophies in every business aspect.
- Clearly communicate expectations and consistently hold self and employees accountable for performance. Assume personal accountability for achieving targets despite a challenging environment.
- Collaborate with peers and leadership to determine key goals & objectives, and corresponding metrics. Review and amend actions to ensure timely achievement of goals and objectives for self and direct reports.
- Align workforce to the company vision through Eaton Philosophy workplace practices and beliefs that build trust, mutual respect and teamwork between employees at all levels of the organization. Establish and maintain a positive employee relations environment by adherence to Eaton's Values, Ethics, and Philosophies. Drive the company’s vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies.
- Schedule and commit the work load to meet all customer needs in the most effective manner. Coordinate resources with other co-workers including quality, maintenance, materials, scheduling, logistics and engineering to resolve manufacturing and manufacturing support issues.
- Lead the implementation of improvements and corrective actions based on root causes for safety observations, material shortages, machine or equipment defects and causes for delays. Lead productivity improvements through the use of lean tools, working closely with our operational excellence and engineering teams.
- Reduce cost of operations by facilitating the implementation of lean manufacturing concepts, cost reductions, and continuous improvements. Initiate Kaizen events as necessary to achieve best in class operations.
- Develops, motivates and coaches team members. Acts a champion for development planning, succession planning and goal setting for direct reports. Challenges direct reports to “Raise the Bar”. Motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- Conduct appropriate training and area audits to ensure that safe work practices are consistently and constantly employed throughout the facility. Lead the elimination of safety hazards
- Proactively implement, promote, and maintain a safe working environment through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and adherence to plant safety policies and encouraging employees to follow sound safety practices. Ensures that employees have the necessary skills, knowledge, information, and tools to do their jobs safely and effectively. Promote positive and productive workplace environment that insures a company represented workforce.
- Fully engage workforce and drive change by empowering employees with decision-making, fostering innovation and promoting continuous learning
- Foster employee acceptance and drive successful implementation of plant initiatives launched by support functions.
- Manage payroll, attendance, performance reviews and other administrative needs in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in manufacturing, operations, or supply chain experience.
- Minimum 1 year of prior leadership experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Previous experience in manufacturing management or operational excellence
- Previous management experience including supervising manufacturing employees
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- APICS certification
- Strong analytical thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Data-driven, disciplined, objective, and detail-oriented
- Acts as a business partner; sees the big picture and works through ambiguity and change
- Ability to be energetic, a critical thinker, skilled in driving process improvement.
- Leadership and sense of urgency: ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Strong ability to develop and motivate people
- Effective use of communication and tact with stakeholders
- Advanced computer knowledge with MS Office Applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico