Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton is searching for an Accounting Manager for its Ephesus Business. The selected candidate will be located in our Syracuse, NY facility. The Accounting Manager is responsible to plan, coordinate, monitor, and lead all accounting functions for the business.
- Prepare the annual profit plan by gathering inputs from product marketing, production and F&A budget holders.
- Prepare presentations to executive management.
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives.
- Track and maintain cost savings projects and economic trends.
- Develop cost savings metrics and review progress with project owners.
- Interface with budget holders in providing budget reports and forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Serve as financial business partner to operational leaders.
- Manage finance department through the development and execution of monthly financial processes, to include month-end closing and complete forecasting.
- Ensures accurate and timely recording of operating results.
- Provide information and assistance to other departments within the organization regarding these financial results and advise to management.
- Prepare and review Sarbanes-Oxley documentation along with improving financial and business practices.
- Responsible for balance sheet integrity. Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are completed and proper reviews take place.
- Manage Inventory control program.
- Provide complete oversight to cycle count process and employees.
- Develop and deploy Physical inventory process to reduce annual inventory write off’s.
- Provide leadership and oversight of on-going the annual physical inventory.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business or Accounting from an accredited institution.
- 5 Years of progressive professional work experience in Accounting or Finance.
- Must live within a 50 mile radius of Syracuse, NY. No relocation benefits are offered for this position.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience in cost accounting, financial planning, and forecast.
- Understanding of US GAAP.
- Ability to think strategically and see big picture in dynamic business environment.
- Ability to work independently and with a team; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many levels organization levels and functions.
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results.
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes.
- Ethical, operates with high regard to integrity and trust.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Experience with internal and external Audits.
- Previous management experience.
- System skills/experience desired: SAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time