Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Product Development Manager - Motor Control Centers
- Drive strategic programs and directly supervise the activities of reporting Design Engineers, Design Technicians, Laboratory Technicians and external resources.
- Develops and maintains detailed project schedules incorporating resource management, milestone deliverables, and administration of PROLaunch process for new product development activities.
- Takes overall project management responsibility for all product line development projects, including coordination with all supporting functions including, but not limited to, Applications, Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, IT, Sales, and marketing. Coordinates and manages local activities as part of a global product development team while representing region on the global team with technical leadership.
- Provides technical and application assistance to field sales. Assists in the resolution of quality and engineering errors. Maintains 5-year strategic product roadmaps.
- Works with internal and external customers in support of developing engineering specifications for any product development needs.
- Represents Eaton’s strategic interests on industry technical societies.
- Take responsibility for developing, maintaining and managing departmental and program spending budgets.
- Provides mentoring for less senior personnel and is responsible for technical and career development plans for direct reports.
- Drives activities that foster innovative ideas and projects within the product line. These include but are not limited to innovation events and technology roadmaps.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
Minimum of five (5) years of experience in electrical or mechanical engineering assignments and project leadership
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Proficiency in program/project management methodologies and tools.
- Working knowledge of plant product lines
- Utilization of advanced knowledge of electrical distribution equipment and MCCs to development and implement product enhancements aligned with business strategy.
- Apply knowledge of codes and regulations, such as, NEMA, UL/CSA, CE, NEC, and IEC.
- Working knowledge of the OSI model for Ethernet TCP/IP and device level communication protocols such as DeviceNet, Profibus DP, ASI, etc.
- Prior supervisory or management experience preferred
- Experience in the design of Low Voltage Motor Control Centers
- Master’s Degree
- (3) years of experience in product development environment
- Patents filings in relevant business / technology
- PMP certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time