Supervisor, Supply Chain Management and Procurement, Russia
Eaton, Russia has an opening for a:
Supervisor, Supply Chain Management and Procurement, Russia
Location: Moscow, Russia
Provide country-specific SC and Procurement functional leadership covering Russia, Kazakhstan and Armenia by securing local governance, thought leadership, and opportunities for leveraging one Eaton in the local market – including leveraging scale and spend across sectors / businesses in associated SCM and Procurement programs.
At a minimum, this will include having responsibility for regional indirect procurement, logistics, trade management & risk. Position will report directly to the Manager, Central & East Europe Distribution Operations, and be functionally aligned to the CSM Russia & Kazakhstan.
· Establish vision, scope & strategy for SCM and Procurement in Russia, Kazakhstan and Armenia that supports the country objectives whilst supporting and aligning with EMEA regional goals, working in strong functional alignment with EMEA SCM leadership, and working closely with Russia-based sector / business associates and their respective stakeholders. Responsible for development of local SCM and Procurement strategy that compliments the overall EMEA strategy, annual SCM and Procurement profit plan, organizational capability assessment for the function within the countries of location, including leading the building of in-country organization capability in conjunction with local country leadership.
· Lead the delivery against Key Performance Indicators, to achieve productivity, process improvement, policy deployment and other aspects of functional governance. As part of this, create complete spend transparency, developing a comprehensive profile of the location’s supplier base, potential for the consolidation & prioritization of suppliers based on measurable criteria, reducing maverick spending.
· Pursue overall SCM EMEA regional objectives in the countries of location, which will include strengthening rigor around policy deployment, and internal control from a purchasing perspective in collaboration with local sector / business SCM associates & other functional professionals
· Ensure plans’ execution by facilitating local communication as required, extending to other EMEA stakeholders where appropriate and considered necessary.
· Counsel & brief local management, Manager, Central & East Europe Distribution Operations, Director, Supply Chain Operations Corp + ES EMEA and / or sector / business general management & regional leadership (extending to their respective SCM leads) on opportunities for improvement in ways to ensure success of SCM initiatives & projects in the countries of location – including the leveraging of resources, standard processes, and standard tools (EBS).
· Focal point for relationship management for SCM and Procurement locally, which will include ensuring that both functions have a strong profile and presence in sourcing services (Indirect, Logistics & Trade Management) and eliminating uncontrolled / unapproved sourcing & poor ‘buying’ practices. Develop & manage effective relationships with strategic suppliers, conducting periodic reviews, implementation of a supplier development program, initiate & review supplier audits, and resolve any quality & performance issues with suppliers under the ownership of Corporate SCM.
· Collaborates, leverages and negotiates contracts and programs for defined local categories that fully satisfy stakeholder requirements, to reduce business risk, total cost of material & services, or eliminate inflationary pressures through validated cost avoidance actions.
· Owner of monthly Key Performance Indicator’s, leading local data collection and input for functional and management reporting, as deemed necessary to support overall cycle / frequency of reporting.
· Conduct surveys at an appropriate frequency - either Russia program specific, or as part of an overall SCM survey - to obtain relevant customer feedback on how to best improve performance of within span of control / responsibility.
· Recommend and implement measures to improve performance of the Indirect, Logistics & Trade Management projects specifically following the regional centralization of that function.
· Through a strong coalition with Russian Finance, manage the effective definition, validation & reporting of value for SCM and Procurement led initiatives to ensure recognition of contribution & specifically impact to the bottom line of sector / business results, maintaining the records of savings projects within the Cost Out Database for locally deployed projects.
· Full responsibility & accountability for pre-defined Russia SCM functions, including Indirect & Logistics procurement, & Trade Management service effectiveness and competitiveness. Design goals and objectives of the Russia SCM organization & people, build cost reduction programs, develop criteria to measure performance of Russia SCM organization in alignment with regional & global SCM principles and standards
· Lead performance management & coaching in personal / management development of Russia-based associates / team, ensuring effective development plans, including SCM curriculum use and deployment.
- Strong functional skills and experience in related activities appropriate for role & responsibilities:
- Perfect ethical approach and strong personal values – role model for the regional SCM organization
- Procurement, Sourcing, Logistics, Outsourcing, Supply Base Mgt, Materials Management, Trade Management & Risk, Supplier Quality, etc.
- Strong general knowledge and capabilities in general Finance, Accounts Payable & Legal in support of primary role & responsibilities
- Excellent influencing / negotiation skills and ability to work multi-dimensionally in a complex business environment - ability to influence upward, peer-wide, and downward;
- Strong managerial courage and ability to work through resistance and pushback to change
- Excellent communication skills, especially associated with working in a multi-cultural environment, Russian and English language to high proficiency is essential (see below)
- Strong drive for results;
- Self-directed leadership with minimal supervision & capability to be self directed & potential to be empowered to next functional level where appropriate
- Russian and English language fluency (writing, reading and speaking) essential
- Business management experience (preferably procurement and supply chain functional experience in doing business in the Russian market) in an international business environment
· Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule: due to time zone difference, this position requires work in the evenings and sometimes early morning when necessary
· Willingness to travel extensively (estimate ~20% of time)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time