Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Fuel Motions Control Division is hiring a Sr. Buyer to support our Los Angeles site.
This position purchases assigned items such as specific commodities, machinery, precision tools, test equipment etc., by developing a supply base capable of delivering Eaton’s quality, delivery, and specification requirements at the lowest possible cost. The buyer role includes coordinating with strategic sourcing to develop a commodity strategy, sourcing, and managing supplier fulfillment by owning the fulfillment activity from purchase order issuance to part receipt into stock. The buyer may also work with new product teams during product development to support development process/timing with cost, sources and parts by supporting customer proposals.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding purchasing, logistics, incoming product inspection and inventory control
- Demonstrated commodity strategy development skills
- Demonstrated use of negotiated techniques and tactics
- Ability to communicate – writing, technical writing, presentation, and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Demonstrated ability to participate and lead a cross-functional team,
- Ability to logically solve problems and to keep projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University.
- Minimum 5 years purchasing/procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Los Angeles will be considered.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or other related field
- CPM or equivalent certification, a plus
- Use of and deployment of electronic purchasing systems (eRFQ), VMI, and consignment, a plus
- Aerospace, hydraulic, pneumatic and/or machined parts manufacturing, engineering, cost, and/or procurement requirements knowledge/experience
- Proficiency with computers including MS Office and MRP systems.
- Familiarity/experience with lean manufacturing, Kaizen events, and continuous improvement techniques (i.e. RCCA, Six Sigma methodology), a plus
- Familiarity/experience with SPC principles and methods, a plus
- Working knowledge of ISO-9001, AS9100 a plus
- APICs training/certification, a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time