Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton in Omaha, NE has an exciting opening for a Senior Quality Engineer.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for the continuous improvement of the quality system as well as the performance of assigned processes through data analysis, deployment of quality improvement methodologies and auditing, resulting in increased customer satisfaction and financial performance. Detailed job responsibilities are: Provide a broad knowledge of seasoned professional quality support to manufacturing operations and frond end processes. Documentation and execution of major projects and assignments within the manufacturing, warranty and front end functions. Develop systems and processes that ensure product meets/exceeds Customer, Industry and Regulatory requirements. Interface with Customers, Suppliers, and all internal resources to achieve goals and achieves high levels of collaboration and communication. Offer problem solving expertise through a strong understanding of RCCA and statistical tools.
- Provides quality expertise to the organization (assigned area of responsibility), in order to proactively identify needs, expectations and/or problems and provides the necessary support in order to continuously improve activities.
- Responsible for maintaining the QMS and relevant quality documentation and processes to ensure compliance to EQS and ISO Standards.
- Analyses performance indicators and audit results, translates these into actions to drive quality and continuous improvement.
- Drives problem solving and root cause analysis activities in order to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances. Train, lead and facilitate cross-functional improvement and problem solving teams.
- Deploy ELSS, EQS and MESH tools to improve productivity, quality and safety
- Identify improvements for productivity, quality and business processes. Develop and implement solutions and monitor the results.
- Trains and facilitates employee development and understanding of quality systems tools and techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean, 8-D, DMR, PFMEA, PPAP/FAI, VA-VE, ISO and QS quality systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, EQS.
- Benchmark other plants for best in class processes and suggest implementation opportunities, and implement the best practices if applicable.
- Provides the quality interface between the organization and their customers, and pro-actively ensures that the customer needs and expectations are understood and satisfied. This include the complaints manage process, putting in practice the preventive and corrective corresponding actions, through the 8D methodology and the updating of process documents.
- Provides tools and methods to the organization functions aimed at supporting and improving the quality processes and driving its continuous improvement activities through the deployment of the PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Gives support to manufacturing, analyzing the line rejects and directing the efforts to identify and implement projects to reduce PPM levels.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three year’s work experience in manufacturing quality environment working with quality management systems (AS9100, ISO 9001)
- Ability to work in US on continual permanent basis without sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for the role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Omaha, NE.
- Five year’s work experience in manufacturing environment with focus on quality systems
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Working Knowledge of Minitab
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Six Sigma, 8D Problem Solving, FMEA, DOE, APQP, PPAP, QMS Standards, Statistical Process Control
- Project management skills
- 1 year experience with team facilitation experience and ability to gain buy-in and drive change
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time