Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Distributor Sales Representative
Eaton’s North American Sales Division is seeking a Distributor Sales Specialist. The Distributor Sales Specialist will be based at our City of Industry location.
The primary function of Distributor Sales Specialist is to manage the assigned customer base to increase sales in the local marketplace and provide sales and technical assistance to distributors and internal personnel. This position will be responsible for directly interfacing with assigned distributors by providing a variety of sales support and administrative services in inventory management. It is required to identify and coordinate training needs, product promotion administration, product and price information as well as problem resolution in order to optimize Eaton electrical penetration and sales.
The primary functions include but are not limited to: providing customer support in the areas of product capabilities, claims and billing adjustments; achieving sales goals and executing sales plans within an assigned sales territory and/or accounts; utilizing established co-worker relationships with plants to accomplish the strategic plan; support total quality efforts by providing timely and accurate information for order entry, elevating quality issues to attention of management; collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preference, and buying habits; and inventory and promotion management.
- Interface with assigned distributors by providing a variety of sales support and administrative services in inventory management
- Provide sales and technical assistance
- Train distributors on new products, e-commerce, and Eaton processes while evaluating distributor training needs
- Conduct local training and/or assisting in registration for Eaton University classes
- Manage and leverage commitments/Co-op Program while maintaining or creating a point of purchase for distributor counter areas
- Identify and coordinate training needs, product promotion, administration, product and price information
- Problem resolution in order to optimize Eaton Electrical penetration and sales
- Train distributors on how to use internal programs such as Vista, Bid manager, and the commitments program
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Strong electrical industry and product knowledge
- Distribution knowledge and/or experience
- Strong product line knowledge
- Ability to learn/teach electronic/computer processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively
- Ability to establish and build customer relationships within the market area
- Possesses presentation, training and planning skills
- Organization and project management capabilities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time