Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Systems Engineer - Voice
Identify System architecture and inter-service dependencies, with an emphasis on Voice services and technologies
Integrate outside service provider technologies with on-prem and hosted systems
Establish new technology patterns with key infrastructure technologies
Align technical roadmaps to near term project requirements.
Provide feedback on real world application of infrastructure technologies to architectures and anticipated demands/gaps
Identify and act upon System Metrics
Enable Monitoring at all levels in the technology stack
Perform Capacity planning on systems and infrastructure components
Design infrastructure solutions to minimize Latency, drive Efficiency and improve both Reliability and Performance
Establish Service Availability models
Incorporate Security controls and technologies into the overall system implementations
Develop and implement Lifecycle processes across all Infrastructure technologies
Develop plans for Instance landscapes
Drive Early testing into all new deployments
Enable automation to reduce release cycle time and provide Higher Quality
Involves working in a highly matrixed organization spanning domestic and international locations.
Responsible for process, standards, governance and performance of the shared structures and technical environments.
Ability to access and evaluate products/vendors.
Has a good understanding of the technical platforms, applications, and tools currently utilized at Eaton
Ability to drive projects with broad scope of deployment, including sector and/or region
Drives decisions and deliverables within team
Negotiate small to moderate scale vendor SOW
- 5 years IT experience or a graduate of Eaton's Leadership Development Program
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Business Acumen – Intermediate level
- Systems and IT Knowledge - Intermediate level
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering / Equivalent
- Cisco and/or Avaya experience at an Engineering skill level...having both is best
- Must be forward thinking and learning new technologies.
- Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus.
- Up to 10% travel will be required for this position
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time