Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Eaton has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager in our Haina facility in Santo Domingo. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this person will be responsible to drive Operational Excellence in all manufacturing areas. This person will also support Manufacturing and Production processes to help achieve plant business objectives. He/she will be a key leader to help set overall policies and procedures to ensure effective engineering/manufacturing operations consistent with Eaton Business System (EBS), values and philosophy. The incumbent will work with plant leadership team to develop plant strategy and tactics to achieve annual profit plan and long-term strategic plan.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Attain manufacturing excellence goals, in safety, quality and cost.
- Drive continuous improvement and provide technical support to the manufacturing areas.
- Determine production operation standards, personnel and equipment required to fulfill customer needs and expectations.
- Ensure implementation of continuous improvement tools, identify, implement capital projects and drive changes in facilities to arrive to Model Plant status.
- Responsible to coordinate and supervise Manufacturing Engineers & CI
- Manage Process Engineering area to attain manufacturing excellence.
- Plan, direct and coordinate actions to support production processes to assure attainment of operations goals.
- Provide direction through direct involvement in order to implement manufacturing of new processes and products.
- Deploy, implementation & follow up of CI Framework.
- Plan, develop and implement goals to support Hi-Five metrics
- Develop strategies for production layouts optimization
- Prepare and review capital appropriations request for all projects, and audit payback results.
- Lead Cost –Out initiatives for the operation
- Perform specific functions to this position as described in the Quality Manual.
- Provide support to manufacturing lines through coordination of maintenance plans.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing initiatives to enhance the overall effectiveness of manufacturing function and achieve operational excellence.
- Apply Lean and Six Sigma tools and drive Lean events to improve process capability and eliminate defects.
- Works directly with employees at all levels in the plant to implement improvements
- Maintain and promote internal and external customer focus for all facility employees. Improve manufacturing performance through the utilization, training, and deployment of Eaton Business System tools.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Engineering function.
- Prefer 5 years of experience as an Engineering Section Manager.
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Project Management Knowledge
- Lean Tool Knowledge
- PC knowledge: Auto Cad, Access, and Microsoft Office
An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. An MBA or advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.
The position will be located at Eaton’s Haina facility in Santo Domingo.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No