Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Lighting Project Business Development Manager (London)
JOB TITLE: Senior Lighting Project Business Development Manager (London) - ELECTRICAL SEGMENT
LOCATION: UK - London
We are looking for a highly experienced lighting project business development manager for the London area. They must be a dynamic and highly motivated individual who is capable of selling a range of mains and emergency lighting solutions and products to existing and new specification customers within the following lighting categories - commercial office, industry, warehouse & distribution, out of town retail, education, healthcare and local Government.
In addition this senior role will take the lead in the launch of Eaton Lightings innovative and market leading development in adaptive evacuation emergency lighting. This is a key product innovation and an opportunity to lead the market in life safety building evacuation technology.
You will be joining our Lighting Sales Division and will be responsible for growing our Lighting and Emergency lighting specification and project business in London. You will report to the UK Lighting Solutions Manager and work closely with the Lighting Solutions sales and support teams. Your customers / prospects will M&E consultancy practices as well as national or large regional commercial end users within the business categories shown above. With a key part of the role being the launch of the new adaptive evacuation emergency lighting system there will be a significant focus on any building that accommodates large numbers of occupants or visitors such as large commercial offices, hotels, stadiums, hospitals and universities.
Full training in the Eaton lighting and emergency lighting product range plus our energy saving solutions offer will be given. The role is field based covering London.
This is a great opportunity to take a leading role in the launch of a market leading emergency lighting product range into the largest and most demanding specification market in the UK.
- Reporting to and working closely with the UK Lighting Solutions Manager
- Development of new business opportunities from first contact through to establishing revenue generating opportunities.
- Must be an existing highly experienced and senior specification / project engineer / manager within the London market with existing business relationships.
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work equally well on their own or as part of a team.
- Able to promote and sell our range of lighting energy saving solutions.
- Ability to communicate and sell to a variety of levels of decision makers and influencers within commercial organisations, from maintenance teams to Managing Directors.
- Ability to progress introductory leads for high quality business opportunities, moving these opportunities through the relationship building and buying cycle.
- Ability to develop and maintain long term business relationships to ensure a long term & continued flow of business across your entire customer base.
- Ability to develop relationships with potential customers both via telephone contact and face to face meetings.
- Ability to research & identify new customer prospects within the areas outlined by the UK Lighting Solutions Manager to fit in with and help develop the long term strategy of the team.
- Achieve set targets & KPI’s – contacts, conversions, sales and margin etc
- Introduce the wider Eaton solutions & product offer to your entire customer base, leveraging your relationship to gain additional Eaton sales, supported by the relevant Eaton product specialist.
- Ensure that the highest level of safety standards are implemented and aligned with Eaton’s policy
- Must be an existing highly experienced and senior lighting / emergency lighting specification engineer / manager within the London specification market with existing business relationships.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time