Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
HW / FW Development Engineer
Eaton's Innovation Center has an opening for a:
Hardware/ Firmware Development Engineer
Location: Prague, Roztoky, Czech Republic
The Eaton European Innovation Center (EEIC) offers an exciting, engaging, and fun environment for creative engineers who are looking for great learning, advancement and technology leadership opportunities in a broad range of technological fields and in an highly diverse team of researchers and engineers.
With over 100 employees we are a vibrant engineering and Innovation Center for electrical, vehicle, hydraulic, and aerospace applications for the region focus on businesses in Europe, Middle-East, & Africa.
Hardware/ Firmware Development Engineer designs and develops electronics hardware & firmware solutions for power distribution switchgear such as circuit breakers plus supplemental accessory components, creates technical documentation, perform tests and evaluations. He/ she participates as well in requirements analysis, design reviews and other team development processes.
• Creates detailed specifications in cooperation with the (project) team based on customer/market requirements.
• Develops functional solutions for electronic circuits to meet product and manufacturability requirements as well as cost targets, using state-of-the-art hardware libraries.
• Designs / programs /debugs firmware modules on embedded systems for power distribution applications.
• Conducts code module reviews with other team members, as well as tests and integration tests.
• Plans, aligns, prepares, coordinates, and analyze necessary tests during development, validation and verification phase.
• Maintains hardware / firmware already released in products.
• Observes and evaluates available and novel technologies, components and tools.
• Assists in creating schedules, complete project design tasks within schedule.
• Supports purchasing department / section / staff in selection of suppliers.
• Provides the necessary design documentation.
• Bachelor/MSc. degree in electronics engineering or comparable education
• Work experience (3 years+) as hardware / firmware development engineer or outstanding graduate with background in the technology area
• Demonstrated technical experience on senior level in Embedded C, HW issues solving, EMC and certification problematics
• Knowledge of embedded hardware architecture (preferably STM based)
• Experience with tools and design systems: Code Editors/Compilers/Debuggers; Repositories (GIT, SVN, SourceSafe), bug tracking tools; Schematics and layout editors; HW simulating tools (SPICE)
• English language (fluent in oral and written), German would be a plus
• Creative thinking, problem- solving ability
• Good interpersonal skills and team work spirit.
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Unique, challenging projects in a friendly & collaborative team
• Diverse working environment - open and professional atmosphere at all management levels
• Focus on people, learning & development
• On site laboratories, strong ties with Czech universities
• Fantastic opportunities for sport, cultural, family, and outdoor activities
• Flexible working hours
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time