Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician / Millwright
Eaton located in Airdrie has an opening for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician/Millwright.
Reporting to the Operational Excellence Manager, this position is responsible for the installation, preventive maintenance and repair of any mechanical/pneumatic/hydraulic equipment or components that support the production and facility operations for the LVCA facility in Airdrie. The Mechanical Maintenance Technician/Millwright is responsible for all facilities related functions including building and ground maintenance, machine maintenance, and contractor management.
- Repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, machines and components
- Build/assemble mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic controls as required
- Perform preventative maintenance duties based on prescribed schedules
- Identify and suggest modifications or other improvements to mechanical equipment and apparatus
- Maintain service equipment, work area, maintenance tool crib and spare parts inventory
- MIG weld or braze broken equipment components
- Install new equipment as required
- Move machinery and equipment when required
- Coordinate, oversee and evaluate out sourced contractors performing work for or inside the facility.
- Develop proactive and effective maintenance strategies
- Minimum three years’ experience in a mechanical / industrial manufacturing environment
- College or technical school diploma or red seal Millwright certification
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80km of Airdrie to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of relevant fabrication and production machinery
- Knowledge in use, operation and maintenance of arc welder, air compressor systems, air dryers, miscellaneous pumps
- Ability to read and follow mechanical blueprints/drawings
- Aptitude with measurement, machine and hand tools, e.g., grinder, band saw, etc.
- Spill containment
- Fall arrest training
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time