Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
MasterCAM Senior Programmer - Experience in CNC
analysis and recommendations on production manpower, productivity and equipment for the purpose of improving safety,
quality and cost. Provides the necessary technical direction to improve productivity, process and reduction of overall
product cost while meeting production schedules.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for the daily programming of CNC Machines which can include: Lathes, Mills, turn/mill machines, and
horizontal machining centers utilizing Mastercam Software
- Provide a hands-on approach with personnel to achieve accurate communication of instructions and assist with setups
- Take initiative to research better machining methods to improve job efficiencies
- Communication and transfer of knowledge – ability to teach and train
- Overtime is worked on a normal basis to accommodate customer demands
- Support initiatives to improve EHS culture; Participate in a EHS team (Ergo, Safety, Green, etc)
- Apply EHS guidelines to ensure a safe and reliably operation for all family products.
- Creation of part drawings, work instructions & BOMS/routers.
- Work in conjunction with Materials and Finance to correctly and timely load new part numbers into the MFGPro system.
- Create and validate parameters and process conditions for avoid quality issues.
- Lead and organize pilot runs for machine validation, tools and facilities.
- Analyze and use engineering tools (such as 8D, 3A and 5Ys) for reduce quality defects
- Develop improvements for scrap elimination.
- Give support to CNC Manufacturing Engineers and technicians on production parts in order to improve quality.
- Leadership on activities for improve performance in work stations
- Training for production people in new processes to get parts according the drawing specifications
- Ensure BOM and Product Drawings are accurate and Updated according to MFGPro.
- Facilitate training of personnel as required and develop
- Support and/or participate on Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, Ideas Programs, cost out and/or
demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals.
Qualifications- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, or Industrial Engineering
- Experience with development of routing processing and tool sheets
- Experience in a heavy manufacturing industry (turning work, castings, forgings)
- 5+ years CNC Programming Experience in a Machine Shop
- 3+ years Mastercam Software experience
- Grinding or Heat Treat process experience
- Prior experience working as a CNC Machinist
- AutoCAD experience
- Experience with gauges and measurement tools – able to measure parts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Understand programming language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No