Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operations Manager, Machining
Eaton has an opening for an Operations Manager, Machining in our facility in Kings Mountain, NC. Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, this person will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team. The Operations Manager is responsible for all Machining operations within the facility. This is done through driving operations excellence and building organizational capability in the Manufacturing/Machining processes and Heat Treat processes. Responsibilities include successful achievement of plant and department objectives through effective deployment of the Eaton Business System and continuous improvement of key processes.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as an active member of the Kings Mountain Senior Leadership team, fulfilling leadership duties and providing input for strategy, direction & continuous improvement
- Develop strategic plans to identify and address current and future challenges for department & plant
- Anticipate, plan, and execute Manufacturing capacity plans to meet OEM, Interplant, and Aftermarket demand by interacting with Galesburg Material Planning and SIOP process
- Ensure organizational capacity through capacity planning (RAPID) process
- Ensure organizational capability through effective training and cross-training processes
- Ensure consistent execution of Manufacturing processes through operator adherence to standardized work
- Reinforce process focus and execution through effective deployment of Continuous Improvement Tools such as visual controls, process checks, and daily accountability
- Ensure support functions achieve their process capability & continual improvement through measuring and monitoring performance and root cause problem solving to drive overall Operational improvements
- Support continuous improvement through effective deployment of assessment and continuous improvement tools such as Value Stream Mapping, EHS Risk Assessments, JSAs, PFMEAs and other EBS (Eaton Business System) tools
- Support EBS integration through detailed understanding and effective deployment of processes and tools – including obtaining training & certifications and acting as process champion as required (e.g. EBE, OpA, MESH, Lean Six Sigma, EQS)
- Establish processes to involve employees in decision making and continuous improvement and establish trust and credibility through follow up and effective communication forums (e.g. daily startup meetings (Tier Meetings), monthly department meetings)
- Execute APEX process and ensure alignment of goals from EBS Pull & plant High 5 from Staff to shop floor to drive organizational performance and continual learning and development
- Serve as Leadership Staff Champion for various Community & Employee Engagement and Inclusion programs (i.e. – Community Outreach, Diversity & Inclusion, Green Team, Health & Wellness)
- As need dictates, serve as delegate interim Plant Manager
- Create pipeline of talent through BOC (Building Organizational Capability), University Relations, Leadership Development program & Development Plans to attract, develop, & retain talent in Front Line Leader, and Business Team Leader (Production Manager) roles
- Own the Value Stream Mapping Process, as well as the execution of consequent Implementation Plans as an output of Plant Wide Value Stream Map to execute on EBS Pull and Model Plant Metrics in addition to cost savings.
- Coordinate the execution of New Product Development throughout the operations in cooperation with Engineering and Quality functions
- Owner and Facilitator of the Layered Process Audit for Assembly and subsequent action plans associated with executing and improving plant wide processes.
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field from an accredited institution
Minimum of five years of operations experience
Minimum of two years of experience leading others
Experience using Lean or Six-Sigma tools
Seven or more years’ experience working in an operations or manufacturing environment preferred
Five or more years’ experience as a leader of people preferred
Strong interpersonal skills used for the review, motivation, and development of direct reports in addition to building relationships with internal and external customers
Demonstrated ability to leverage and lead cross-functional resources to support manufacturing requirements.
Strong leadership skills for the ability to establish, communicate and execute a guiding vision to direct reports, meeting all operations objectives per profit plan expectation and effectively lead the plant during the site manager's absence
Good working knowledge and experience with basic manufacturing tools such as Lean, Six-Sigma, problem solving/decision making, labor balancing and performance excellence programs (i.e. Malcolm Baldrige Criteria), etc.
Development and promotion of direct reports into increasing levels of responsibility in execution of their career path
Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the futureEDUCATIONAn undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. An MBA or advanced degree in a related field is preferred.COMPENSATIONEaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.LOCATIONThe position will be located at Eaton’s King’s Mountains facility in North Carolina.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time