Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Supply Chain Manager
- Manages team that develops and controls production schedules and inventory levels based on sales forecasts and other commitments.
- Directs materials staff to insure objectives, schedules, and budgets are achieved.
- Studies past business cycles and trends, contributes to the development of specific unit forecasts. Utilizes marketing projections to anticipate business conditions.
- Coordinates, implements, and continually improves all aspects of computerized scheduling system. Balances work load among supply and demand planners.
- Responsible for the management of daily order activities for shop floor and supply purchase orders, keeping inventory within accordance of predetermined goals.
- Responsible for supplier on-time delivery performance.
- Manages inventory levels in accordance with plant, group and corporate goals.
- Collaboratively participates in the planning and coordinating of yearly physical inventory in accordance with group and corporate accounting procedures.
- Responsible for initiating and monitoring a formalized cycle counting procedure to inspect and insure inventory on-hand accuracy and insuring P+L impact communicated to plant finance team.
- Responsible for the coordinating activities with the divisional purchasing staff involving supplier selection, quality, delivery, price, MRO, and miscellaneous purchases.
- Work to eliminate product/improve pricing through PGT.
- Overseas Plant purchasing process: purchase reqs, supplier terms, etc.
- Manages tooling/supplies costs and highlights issues and takes corrective actions to ensure plant meets its profit plant objectives. Plant Liaison for SCM Material Cost Out.
- Actively participates in support of cross functional goal attainment, supports a continuous improvement culture and provides support for all plant High 5 metrics
- Ensures compliance with Eaton’s Strategic ERP rules including dashboard monitoring and corrective action when the plant is below goal.
- On Time Delivery
- Cost Savings
- Inventory Accuracy
- Plant and Value Stream High 5 Metrics
- Eaton Strategic ERP Rules
*Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing and controlling production schedules and inventory levels.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Torrance, CA will be considered.
- Master’s in Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- 5 years of experience developing and controlling production schedules and inventory levels.
- Experience/Education in forecasting, product line structures, and business cycles.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience coordinating, implementing, and continually improving computerized scheduling system.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Teams
- Experience as a Buyer.
- Experience Driving Cost Out in the Supply Chain
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement Kaizen Leadership
- Experience coordinating physical inventory.
- Experience initiating and monitoring cycle counting procedure to inspect and insure inventory on-hand accuracy.
- Experience with marketing and engineering systems.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time