Senior Cost Accountant
- Key member in month end closing process preparing accurate and timely journal entries along with financial analysis of results.
- Complete monthly account reconciliations for balance sheet accounts
- Prepare, analyze and action key financial reports within the organization
- Co-ordinate, plan, & perform annual standard cost update; includes price list management, purchase part analysis, labor/burden studies, and freight/surcharge spend analysis
- Assist in management of Physical Inventory for site and satellites
- Perform financial audits and process checks of key internal controls
- Maintain compliance with Sarbanes Oxley for financial reporting; includes annual design self-assessments for all processes within the plant & completing segregation of duties analysis to resolve conflicts or submit mitigating controls.
- Key member of continuous improvement team representing finance
- Cost out tracking and reporting
- Ensure reconciliation between key financial systems and interfaces to maintain data integrity and accurate reporting
- Complete financial analysis for potential capital projects and perform capital expenditure post audits
- Prepare purchase price variances and usage variances reports
- Provide financial support to manufacturing operations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master’s Degree or CPA/CMA preferred
- Familiarity with CAS/FAR accounting rules and how they apply to government contracts is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time