Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Data Center Segment - Business Development Director, APAC
- Account relationship management involving account resources at appropriate decision making level with titles up to and including C-level executives. On-going assessment of relationship efficiency and effectiveness, insuring Eaton is in the best position to win profitable business
- Develop, maintain and project manage an account business plan for each account, specifying total opportunity at the account, areas where we have the greatest likelihood of success, key decision makers, competitors, likely buying factors, recommended actions, and status of priority initiatives
- Provide required status and results reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Results and measurements will include quantitative and qualitative measures (revenue / orders, End-to-End profitability, extended portfolio, further strategic account development by defining mutual innovations and solutions projects, relationship development, etc.)
- Lead, coordinate and define a single, action oriented, account plan including input from all members of the regional/country sales, service and support team assigned and associated with the client(s) and as mutually agreed, where appropriate, by the assigned accounts. Establish domain expertise in strategic customer’s business, then develop and sustain relationships including high level contacts within assigned accounts
- Lead and oversee the development of proposals, value propositions, alliances and contract negotiations with assigned accounts
- Build, and then lead an ‘account team’ in support of assigned accounts. Leverage and coordinate resources including general sales force, product and commercial marketing, division operations, services and segment managers to achieve sales objectives
- Ensure connections with any 3rd parties (consulting engineers, EPCs, contractors, manufacturers of ‘adjacent’ equipment) who have, or could have, significant influence at assigned Strategic Accounts
- Engage the customer in new product/service development initiatives. Assure accounts are ‘top of mind’ within Eaton for customer focus groups in new technology development. Solicit their support in serving as a beta site for new offers and a reference case for accounts with similar applications
- Provide leadership and input to marketing and operations to develop product and services solutions relevant to the accounts, assuring priority in product needs roadmap, as well as go to market strategies for the data center segment
- Establish Eaton as a leader in the data center industry community. This role must be capable of serving as Eaton’s primary spokesperson in the industry and be viewed as a credible peer of key industry executives
- Responsible for customer relationship review process for accounts as part of the voice of customer process.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Business
- 7-10 years related experience in sales and/or business development
- Key account selling in the Data Center industry in East Asia
- Previous major account selling experience required
- Experience in Data Center industry.
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal
- English Proficiency
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Strategic thinking and planning with strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Strong organizational, communication and project management skills
- Experience in the electrical infrastructure of the Data Center industry, preferably with industrial power protection solutions.
- Experience with UPS, power distribution systems and/or power electronics highly desirable.
- MBA preferred
- Position Criteria
- Ability to multitask, complete projects with tight deadlines and proven product management experience. Good balance of technical and commercial acumen
- Must be experienced in competitive benchmarking of features and price, new product requirement definition, business plan development, value proposition development, new product launch, forecasting
- Must also be experienced with customer meetings and presentations.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, in virtual teams (across different locations), and cross-cultural environments
- Ability to learn, articulate, and support complex products and technologies
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills
- Strong data mining and analysis skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EA East Asia
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time