Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Power Systems Automation - Lead Field Service Specialist
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Power Systems Automation – Lead Field Service Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Calgary, Edmonton or Delta, Canada facility.
The Power Systems Automation – Lead Field Service Specialist is responsible for leading the development, testing, and implementation of power systems control solution for our customers. In this role, you will provide on-site implementation of Power Management and mission critical monitoring and control systems including Power Xpert, Foreseer, PowerNet and next generation Power Monitoring platforms. Also you will be responsible for providing applied engineering and consultation to customers in the areas of system integration, installation, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of power management control and mission critical systems.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system’s life cycle—whether it’s design, build, or support. Our services integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure it’s aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will design and programming of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLS’s) based control systems.
- You will design and implement advanced power transfer and other control schemes including Main-Tie-Main transfer schemes, load shedding/peak shaving schemes, breaker control schemes, SCADA system development, and generator control.
- You will quote advanced turnkey control schemes (analyze specification, price all applicable labor and materials, write proposed scope of work etc.).
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Values and Philosophy, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Certified Engineering Technologist Diploma from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with Power Management, Power Control, Mission Critical, OR Building Management Systems.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 80km will be considered
Position Success Criteria :
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills with Windows Operating Systems and Databases.
- Intermediate Networking skills including the ability to troubleshoot network hardward and interfaces, including Ethernet and Fiber.
- Advanced understanding of Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems.
- Commissioning experience.
- Advanced understanding of electrical control schematics and power system one line drawings.
- Experience with Human Machine Interface (HMI) software and power monitoring software packages.
- Working knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP3, SNMP, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP, and IEC 61850.
- Knowledge of common substation IED’s, protection relays, metering, event recorders, time synchronization etc.
- Knowledge of power quality meters, trip units, protective relays and UPS.
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Knowledge of cyber security principles with NERC CIP experience an asset.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques.
- Advanced understanding of the company’s and competitor’s automation and power management systems and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers, sales, and other team members on a technical level.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent customer interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Experience working in a field engineering environment and familiarity with typical site safety protocols, PPE, etc.
- Self-motivated. Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
- Candidates must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time