Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton’s Life Safety Division Group is seeking a Buyer. The Buyer will be based out of our Long Branch, NJ office.
- Use forecasting, demand planning, inventory management tools and understanding of scheduling processes to analyze and ensure optimal inventory levels required for the manufacturing process and plant performance metrics.
- Identify new and alternate sources of supply for direct and indirect materials to meet the production requirements of the plant, and facilitate quoting and new supplier approval processes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Prepare and communicate product specifications to vendors for bid as appropriate and negotiate with the most favorable bidder(s) considering costs, quality, delivery, etc. for materials and equipment.
- Manage supplier on-time delivery (OTD) and Quality (DPPM) performance.
- Support and maintain compliance to QS9000 and ISO 9001 requirements.
- Award and issue purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- Support corporate commodity managers on cost reduction programs, reporting and company initiatives.
- Support cycle count program and annual physical inventory process.
- Participate in various projects and compile reports as needed, to support management in making well-informed decisions.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Supply Chain
- Must be authorized to work in the US without corporate sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation offered. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Long Branch, NJ will be considered for this position
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in MS Office, including intermediate Excel (pivot tables, v look-ups)
- Proficiency & knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time