Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
IT Channel Sales Engineer
Eaton, located in Boca Raton, FL, has an opening for an IT Channel Sales Engineer.
The position duties include but are not limited to the following: individual will focus on Eaton channels such as IT VARs and traditional Resellers. The professional will prospect, contact and visit potential partner/customers and existing partners/customers exploring new market segments to sell Eaton PQ branded products. He/she will be responsible for preparing, checking and sending sales proposals based on customers’ expectations and market needs. Participate and be influential on planning Sales strategies developed by the Sales Manager.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with Customers (DBRs, VARs, Resellers, End-Users) at all levels and identifies key accounts. Creates and executes key account plans.
- Meets sales targets, performance metrics and requirements cascaded from Upper Management to achieve Profit Plan by executing approved strategy for the segment.
- Develops value propositions to address customer needs focusing on assigned product lines in designated geography with the objective of optimizing sales volume, product mix and profit margin.
- Administers all phases of sales process to insure effective and timely customer service and response. Ensures all related activities are performed to provide the highest level of costumer/client satisfaction.
- Utilizes available Sales tools (PPTs, videos, PDFs, white papers, cross and quick-refs) to provide commercial and technical training to enable IT Channels within assigned geography.
- Provides market requirements to Marketing Team in order to develop advertising and promotional materials for the assigned market.
- Analyzes market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits to adjust marketing/sales incentive initiatives.
- Sells assigned product lines to targeted customers in designated geography.
- Maintains technical knowledge up-to-date on IT Channel portfolio based on self-training, classroom trainings, instructor led trainings to keep up with current and developing trends.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 3 years of electronic/electrical or IT industry sales experience in a large company
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish
- Legally Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographic area (50 mile radius) will be considered.
- Demonstrated strong skills on following competencies: Dealing with Ambiguity; Business Acumen; Conflict Management; Ethics and Values; Interpersonal Savvy; Learning on the Fly; Managerial Courage; Problem Solving; Drive for Results; Understanding Others; Presentation Skills; Customer Focus; Problem Solving, Time Management, Communication Skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of challenging circumstances.
- Capacity to manage several projects and decisions at the same time as well as interrelation with all kind people at all level of the organization and with our customers, channels and end users.
- Desired experience working with directly end customers and/or distributors in the mission critical, information technology, power quality and electrical market.
- Experience utilizing Value Added Selling techniques.
- Proficiency in computer skills Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Project Management)
- Collect, analyze and utilize market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs, preferences and buying habits.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Information Systems, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Desired experience in UPS market, Data Center/Power Quality and Power Distribution.
- Knowledge/Experience of Eaton Power Quality products and their applications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LAC PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time