Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Eaton Hydraulics Division has an opening for :
Location: Havant - UK
The position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization's strategic plan consistent with all federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
- Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Performs root cause and failure analysis as required.
- Leads cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Implements methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and able to identify the impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies by applying Six Sigma Design and Development strategies. Conducts designed experiments and understands application of SPC and Gauge R&R.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximise useful life of products. Conducts Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable. Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
- Participates in New Product Development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules.
- Acts as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
- Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business. Composes Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies. Trains associates as required.
- Assists leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resource optimisation. Extracts and manipulates data from ERP systems as needed.
- Communicates vision of organization via verbal communication and actions. Interprets the strategic plan for purpose of developing goals for self.
- Manages multiple projects and delivers same on a timely basis.
- Designs and develops facility layout and process organization to optimize efficiency and eliminate waste.
- Strong experience in engineering design and product reliability concepts
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques – i.e. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.
- Experience with Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gauge R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Understanding of ProLaunch / APQP New Product Introduction processes.
- Proficiency in various software applications – i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, TS19649, etc.).
- Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design / process interface).
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. machining, tool design, process design / layouts, product testing, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time