Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
R&D Center Research Enginer (Polymer & Advance Materials)
Eaton's Hydraulic Business has an opening for a:
R&D Center Research Enginer (Polymer & Advance Materials)
Location: Çerkezköy, Tekirdağ / TURKEY
Eaton is recognized as a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and marketing of reliable, high-efficiency hydraulic systems and components for use in mobile and industrial applications. Eaton’s unwavering dedication to leadership in mobile and industrial applications has made Eaton one of the world’s preferred suppliers of hydraulic solutions.
· Run projects together with universities funded by Tübitak/Teydeb (government organization) in order to achieve product and process effectiveness
· Follow the technological advances in order to adopt the usage of new advance materials for rubber hose production and prepare projects accordingly
· Further development of skills through industry conferences, training, and technical literature
· Basic knowledge on operation of RPA (Rubber Process Analyzer) , TGA (Thermal Gravimetric Analyzer), DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) and FTIR (Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy) testing equipment ,
· This position presents a wide range of Material Science knowledge and expertise along with experience in many types of fabrication, processing and testing. This results in the ability to support Rapid Prototyping and the best possible cost controls
· Work closely together with the sales and product managers and give technical support in order to develop innovative products and services for the customers
· Give technical support to product trials and create raw material and product quality control parameters together with the production recipes, after successful trials
· A promotion to this level focuses on the performance, skill level, and a demonstrated pattern of accomplishments rather than years of work experience
· Interprets internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
· Arrange all internal and external laboratory activities and certification process ,
· This position reports to R&D Center Manager ,
· Search new rubber , thermoplastic and PVC materials and processing technologies through learning and keeping current with new developments in materials , material processing, and material applications via on-line research and reading, industry periodicals, trade shows, seminars, conferences and constant contact with material and equipment suppliers
· Participate with the Operation Team, Quality and Engineering on Continuous Improvement initiatives and in real-time problem solving of issues that can and will effect throughput, product quality, and deliveries ,
· Manage all compounds testing by using ETRS system
· Manage benchmarking tests and evaluate test reports
· Process improvement, claim handling and evaluation of new and alternative raw materials, compound trials and comparison tests
· Ensure all procedures are followed, including regulated global products per REACH , FDA , RoHS and European Regulations guidelines
· Manage and attend new compound production trials
· Develops materials best practices and generation of materials specifications
· Provides professional technical support to the product development, quality control, manufacturing processes, and other operations
· May supervise or serve as a lead to lower level team members performing research projects
· Meets with raw material suppliers to discuss/review new materials and technological developments
· Communicates the latest developments within the industry and professional field by meeting with people of similar capacities, reading industry and technical literature and attending meetings
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry , Polymer Engineering , Materials and Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering (M.Sc. degree or student in Polymer or Material Science preferable) ,
· Master of Science students will be supported by the company ,
· Typically has 1 to 3 years of experience ,
· Excellent level of English both verbally and in writing (additional German language knowledge is a plus) ,
· Ability to follow technological and customer needs ,
· Strong polymer chemistry, rubber chemistry, and advance materials aptitude required ,
· Ability to work independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations ,
· Ability to follow up advanced professional chemistry principles and practices
· Sharp analytical, problem solving and interpretation skills
· Ability to communicate difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
· Statistical Process Control –Minitab knowledge is required.
· DFSS tools including Design of Experiments (DOE) ,
· Ability to understand and standards and regulations.
· A thorough technical knowledge of the product line the incumbent is managing, that includes product design, test and evaluation, material properties and specifications and the manufacturing methods and processes.
· An understanding of the current strategic plans of Fluid Conveyance Engineering.
· The ability to effectively supervise people and motivate subordinates, while maintaining organizational harmony and meeting scheduled deadlines.
· Strong problem solving and project management, new product development skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to work with functions outside of Engineering for the common good of Eaton
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time