Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Maintenance Tech Multi-Craft
Eaton located in Forest City, NC has an opening for a Maintenance Technician- 2nd shift.
Conduct troubleshooting, diagnoses, and repairs to plant equipment and facility. Participate in various teams. Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment.
- Actively supports all maintenance programs to improve machine performance. Identifies and suggests design changes to increase equipment life span, reduce costs, increase production efficiency, and improve product quality.
- Understands and apply National Electric Code regulations.
- Installs and maintains electrical systems including running conduit, pulling wire, control wiring, and trouble shooting in order to provide electrical expertise to the facility.
- Reads and understands blueprints, manuals, and diagrams to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Possesses strong mechanical background, including hydraulic and pneumatic system repair and application.
- Performs Arc, TIG, and MIG welding, including oxy-acetylene cutting and brazing.
- Uses machine tools to perform turning, facing, drilling, threading, boring, and reaming operations.
- Has the ability to work with minimal direction.
- Possesses computer skills to allow use of Maintenance Work Order software.
- Operates lift trucks, man lifts and boom lifts to work in elevated locations.
- Fabricates various devices and mechanisms to improve, repair or replace that which is not operating properly or efficiently.
- Troubleshoots electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair.
- Brings health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct those they can.
- Actively participates in accident, injury and illness prevention activities
- Identifies and corrects hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
- Mentor new co-workers in hazard recognition and safe work behavior.
- Maintains housekeeping in work area.
- Maintains health and safety equipment in good working order.
- Supports the MESH Policy and Procedures.
- Understands, supports, and complies with all regulatory standards and company policies
- Communicates with co-workers, management, internal and external customers, and others in a courteous, professional, and proactive manner.
- Participates in preventative maintenance and corrective action
- Responsible for providing own hand tools
- Must have valid NC Driver’s License.
- High school diploma or GED with 5 years Industrial electrical/mechanical experience OR
- Associates degree plus 3 years Industrial electrical/mechanical experience
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Forest City, NC will be considered.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- PC Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Datastream
- Understanding of NFPA 70 including NFPA 70E
- Basic PLC logic circuit troubleshooting/certification
- Boiler and Pressure Vessel experience/certification
- Pneumatic & Hydraulic experience/certification
- Fire Suppression Systems experience/license
- Electrician License (Residential/Commercial/Master)
- HVAC License
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No