Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Zone EHS Manager, Services
- Lead the overall EHS program for Services Canada. Co-ordinate with the Division EHS Manager – EESSD, EHS Manager – PQ and EHS Business Regional Manager – Canada/East to ensure Canadian needs are included in the overall strategy, objectives and plans.
- Drive and promote Zero Incident EHS Culture throughout the division.
- Drive continuous improvement of programs through the development of action plans based on analysis of data, review of incidents, risks and feedback from employees.
- Identify training needs, and work with the EESS and PQ training contacts to ensure these needs are met. Develop and provide training to meet local requirements.
- Work closely with the Division EHS Manager – EESSD and EHS Manager – PQ to ensure that the Safety Manuals and associated programs meet federal and provincial requirements.
- Provide safety guidance and direction for field service based personnel.
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance of EHS policies and procedures as outlined in the Safety Manuals, Corporate MESH (Management System for Environment, Safety & Health) requirements, or that are required to comply with relevant legislation. Assist EESS and PQ EHS departments with deployment of division safety programs.
- Monitor and administer Early & Safe Return to Work Programs for all occupational and non-occupational illnesses/injuries in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering Technology) or Degree/Diploma with an emphasis on Safety from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical power distribution and control equipment industry and/or experience in a field service environment.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Relocation not provided. Candidates must currently reside within 80km of one of the following Eaton sites: Burlington, ON, Sarnia, ON, Windsor, ON, London, ON, Kitchener, ON, Barrie, ON, Stoney Creek, ON, Milton, ON, Mississauga, ON, Toronto, ON, Oshawa, ON, Sudbury, ON, Kingston ON, or Ottawa, ON.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Professional Certification (eg. Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Professional Engineer)
- Electricians License- Journeyman's or Masters license.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ EHS Management experience.
- Experience working with others in the field or in remote situations
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements, get results and drive change through others.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, coaching and organizational skills
- Ability to facilitate teams/groups and work with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and Six Sigma tools preferred
- Effective time management and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with/manage conflict and resistance to change preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time