Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Technician - Test Lab
Perform test setups in completion of specific and standard test processes for Automotive Powertrain i.e. Preferably experience in commercial vehicle transmissions will be added advantage
Complete test requests according to specified test requests with minimal down time
Communicate test programs with test lab peers appropriately to clarify status of testing and the observation of results for ongoing tests
Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment
Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
- Report mechanical assembly issues related to test components & test equipment to peers in the lab in a timely manner
Observe and inform elementary product and test problems to seniors in the lab for corrective actions as necessary to ensure continuous testing
Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
Reading and understanding fixture drawings and/or product drawings to address assembly & inspection issues during testing
Follow safety and 5S practices to maintain safe and clean work environment
Ensure timely support for TPM activities in line to the established schedule to minimize down time
Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 3 - 6 years of experience with relevant hands on experience in Automotive R&D Testing
- Past experience in Automotive Powertrain R&D testing is most desirable with experience in Transmissions / clutch
- Awareness of testing basics i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc.
- Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practices
- Understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. PLC & LabVIEW etc.
- Experience in supporting TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, deployment to meet quality objectives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time