Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Technician - Test Lab
Perform test setups based on specific and standard test processes for Automotive Powertrain i.e. Preferably experience in transmissions and clutch will be added advantage
Lead test request completion according to with minimal down time and timely reporting of observations
Implementation of corrective action to test setups as required by established lab procedures or test requests, or when performance falls below acceptable limits
Communicate test programs with engineering appropriately to clarify purpose of testing and the results of ongoing tests
Take ownership of small projects, develop custom fixtures & continuously improve their skill set
Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment and to complete test projects with a high degree of quality and efficiency
Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
Strive to meet test lab performance targets established in Balanced Score Card and ensure ISO compliance
Analyzing mechanical assembly issues related to automotive differential components is most preferred. Additional experience in Transmissions / clutch / engine will be an advantage
Troubleshooting elementary product and test rig issues, and performing data analysis required by the product group
Understanding of data acquisition systems, hardware and software that are being used for testing
Ability to fix any minor issues with test rigs and lab and work with his peer engineer to improve or develop any new methods solving the issues
Reading and Creating fixture drawings using Auto CAD / Pro Engineer as required for specific testing needs
Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
Train and monitor fellow technicians and drive completion of tests in prescribed time frame
Work with engineers within group to define and perform custom testing as requested by customer
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with over 6 years of experience in relevant hands on experience in Automotive R&D Testing
- Past experience in Automotive Powertrain R&D testing is most desirable. Preferably commercial vehicle Transmission , Clutch or automotive differential testing
- Awareness of testing i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc.
- Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practices
- Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
- Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
- Past experience in problem solving & continuous improvement through LEAN tool deployment for test equipment utilization and cost savings
- Proven experience in deploying TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, deployment to meet quality objectives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time