Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Field Application Engineer
Eaton's Cooper Bussmann Division has an opening for :
Senior Field Application Engineer
Location: Hungary - Győr
Eaton is dedicated to ensuring that reliable, efficient and safe power is available when it’s needed most. With unparalleled knowledge of electrical power management across industries, experts at Eaton deliver customized, integrated solutions to solve our customers’ most critical challenges. Our focus is on delivering the right solution for the application. But, decision makers demand more than just innovative products. They turn to Eaton for an unwavering commitment to personal support that makes customer success a top priority.
The Application Engineer is responsible for supporting clients with creating solutions for their needs on the assigned sales territory and/or account.
- Plan and execute technical application projects. Generate proposals and technical documentation (drawings, calculations, performance charts, applications literature) to support customer enquiries
- Cooperate with assigned OEM design departments on new applications and select suitable protection solutions and provide answers to technical queries from customer, distributors, or sales personnel for their own or customer information.
- Support internal and external sales personnel, Product Management, pricing and customer service personnel on technical queries.
- Propose and specify new product extensions within and outside the Bussmann established fuse design range to meet the OEM key accounts future needs for high-end solutions, and relay necessary information to the Product Manager for High Speed Fuses.
- Maintain personal contact with the OEM Key Accounts’ technical decision makers to secure continuing and growing market acceptance of Bussmann semi conductor products.
- Work closely with the Special Key Accounts to detect technical trends, including developments in applications and equipment requiring High Speed Fuses. Feed the information gathered into the New Product and Technology development processes
- Conduct high and low power product testing as required.
- Provide technical training and product familiarization to internal and external customers.
- Be a key team member for New Product Development, supporting the detailed design and development of specialist products. This role provides a key link from concept through design, development and introduction to manufacture and will involve aspects of project management to support the new product development processes.
- To lead and become a recognized 'expert' in Hugh Speed Fuse application for one of the following application areas: Electric Vehicle and Charging Stations, Traction, Solar, Wind Turbine.
- To support key initiative to expand product portfolio outside of over current protection leading product groups such as super capacitors, smart combiner box and wireless technology.
- Work closely with the Global Engineering team to standardize on systems and processes to allow effective collaboration across all engineering groups
- BSc or MSc qualification within either Power Electronics, electrical/electro mechanical/electronic engineering or physics
- Self driven, pro-active, customer focused
- Team player, happy to interact with multiple locations and cultures
- Project management experience
- Able to deal with complex problems and communicate solutions confidently to customers
- 5+ years of professional experiences preferably in applications
- Ideally experience with the design of power electronics network
- Good PC skills
- Good communicator to all levels
- CAD knowledge
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time