Engineer – Hydraulic controls
Eaton’s Corporate Research & Technology Centre of Excellence opened a new position for a
Engineer – Hydraulic controls
The Electromechanical / Electrohydraulic Systems (EM/EHS) team has the principal goal of identifying, developing, and justifying commercialization of significant growth opportunities for diverse Eaton businesses in the area of electrohydraulic and hydromechanical technologies related to fluid systems and machinery, including system architecture, valves, pumps, motors, cylinders, compressors, fittings, and conveyance. The team engages in leading and executing technology programs, applying mechanical engineering theory and practice to Hydraulic, Vehicle, Aerospace, and Electrical applications.
Corporate Research & Technology focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers’ with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions
The role description:
· Under the guidance of senior engineers and program managers, will serve as a key contributor in technology realization programs/projects utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews.
· Technical contributors are responsible to support/or act as technical lead for the execution of tasks or subtasks in a project. This involves planning, executing, tracking and documenting technical activities. Coordination with the Eaton business units and external partners is required on all matters associated with completion of assigned tasks or subtasks.
· He/she is responsible for the execution of milestones that are critical to the project. The technical lead coordinates activities with other engineering resources on the team to ensure the timely completion of the project milestones.
· Participates in brainstorming sessions contributing to the technology strategy for their department
· Contributes to government proposal preparation and/or assist with project execution
· Supports building business relationships by presenting ideas and projects, participating in ideation events
· Assists in the identification of leading external partnerships, outside technologies and best practices to bring to Eaton
· Develops as a subject matter expert through active participation in conferences, seminars and/or consortium meetings in relevant industry to network and stay current on topics in their field
· Actively contributes to IP generation through authoring or co-authoring disclosures and patents
· Contributes to internal technical publications and publications
· Effectively applies appropriate processes, system and tools (ex: DFSS)
· Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science with emphasis on fluid dynamics & theoretical knowledge on EH controls from an accredited institution
· 0 to 2 years of relevant post degree experience with industry exposure in fluid systems research or engineering, specifically system level modeling to conduct trade studies and down-select architectures for electro-hydraulic systems, components, and controls
· Experience with prototype fluid system design and the cycle of build, test, data capture, and analysis through formalized and disciplined experimentation, will add advantage. Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
· Experience with hydro power generation, renewable energy, and fluid machinery
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University (on-site in Prague-Roztoky).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time