Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, North America Customer Scheduling and Logistics
Eaton's Vehicle Group North America business is looking for a Customer Scheduling and Logistics Manager to be based in Galesburg, MI.
The Manager of Vehicle Group North America Customer Scheduling and Logistics is responsible for leading all aspects customer interfacing with both OEM and aftermarket segments along with managing logistics for the business. This position is responsible managing a team consisting of system specialists, customer scheduling representatives, logistics manager and analyst to deliver customer satisfaction and freight efficiencies.
This role will direct the NA customer scheduling team by providing operational leadership, technical support and interacting regularly with both external and internal customers. The position will be responsible for designing and implementing a best-in-class order management processes to ensure the highest levels of services are maintained through standard processes. This individual will lead transportation management for the business while implementing distribution and warehousing models to support current and future products. In addition to working closely with these teams, this individual will work with plant leadership teams to achieve customer satisfaction through materials replenishment systems while continuously improving the interplant planning processes and performance metrics.
This role requires active coordination with the Corporate Logistics Team, Sales, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain, Materials Planning and Finance teams.
As the manager of the Customer Scheduling and Logistics, this individual will be responsible to exceed customer expectation through on-time delivery, minimizing backlogs, lead-time reductions while delivering the business financial objectives. Additionally, this person will be responsible for leading continuous improvement throughout all the material processes.
As a key leader on the Vehicle Group NA Materials Management organization, this individual must have strong leadership skills with ability to leverage resources, drive change management and interact across all levels of the organization.
- Lead the all aspects of the Customer scheduling, Logistics and Distribution for VGNA
- Support the daily operations to ensure customer satisfaction and plant supply requirements are achieved
- Establishes highly motivated, trained and self-directed work teams to support the customer scheduling. Utilizes resources effectively to ensure all work is accomplished in a timely manner.
- Maintains strong relationships with plants and distribution facilities to deliver customer satisfaction, problem solve and implement corrective actions .
- Provides direction on ERP order management system design and enhancements required to provide customer’s solution with IT scoping requirements and required functionality.
- Develops and administers order management policies and procedures and monitors for conformance.
- Leads monthly business review with 3PLs management teams to assess operational and financial performance
- Leads all aspects of logistics management align to Corporate’s strategic objectives via route optimization, sourcing, and product flow design to continuously improve cost management
- Builds organizational capability through developing effective teams, attracting top talent and building functional competencies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in business, engineering, supply chain, or technical field required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Operations or Materials Management required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership role with direct reports
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with customers.
- Must be legally authorized to without in the US on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- APICS CPIM Certification or commitment to complete preferred
- Ten or more years of experience in Operations or Materials Management preferred
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills.
- Understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management.
- Expertise in driving business process improvement initiatives
- Ability to lead cross functional teams in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly diverse and matrixed environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated history of driving accomplishments through a team
- Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams, develop people, hold people accountable, leverage direct and indirect resources, build relationships with key partners, and manage without authority.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time