Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environmental Health & Safety Manager
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Division is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety Manager. The EHS Manager will be based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
This position provides overall leadership for Environment, Health, and Safety and Operational / Business Excellence within the Kings Mountain facility. The key responsibilities for this role include driving the Strategic EHS Plan at the operational level, defining and implementing strategic initiatives to ensure our continued success in the deployment of the Eaton Business System by utilizing the Eaton Management of the Environment, Safety and Health (MESH) the Eaton Lean System, 6 sigma, ProLaunch and ISO/TS 16949. The role serves as an active member of the Kings Mountain Senior Leadership team, fulfilling leadership duties and providing input for strategy, direction & continuous improvement, and aligning resources to meet future customer needs and drive superior operating results.
- Leads and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Develops site EHS strategy and sets goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site by analyzing data and culture to develop site-specific programs and initiatives and leveraging outside resources such as the NC Star.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Manages leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Oversees use of established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Validates training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion.
- Collaborates with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Drives rigorous metrics related to the BSC to evaluate performance and drive reduction in improved performance in safety and environment in critical business processes.
- Builds relationships with Division and Corporate resources to support identification, review, prioritization and execution of key improvement opportunities/projects to drive results
- Leads plant problem solving efforts on all matters related to Environment, Health, and Safety, using broadly defined policies in support of plant objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training
- Minimum 2 years of prior management experience is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Bachelor degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental discipline or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Advanced degree (Master’s level or beyond) preferred
- Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available).
- Comprehension of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements.
- Ability to apply problem-solving skills to new and unique situations
- Strong team-building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional EHS teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time