Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Corporate Hydraulics Division is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst will be based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
Financial Analyst works collaboratively with finance and business resources
across the Americas Region including the US, Mexico, and South America,
supporting monthly reporting, analysis, and forecasting cycles, as well as
general accounting requirements. This
role will champion the SCM and capital processes for the region. The ideal
candidate is an energetic critical thinker, highly analytical, skilled in
driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and
people capability to deliver results within a global, growing, and profitable
- Serve as the finance process owner for all SCM & capital activities.
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, and work with the plants & SCM to validate material savings / economics.
- Manage the monthly reporting and forecasting of material savings / economics and capital.
- Perform the monthly FAS 151 analysis and forecast.
- Support the preparation and communication of insightful analysis for monthly management reviews.
- Perform journal entries and account reconciliations for headquarters ledgers as needed.
- Lead the annual cost roll and transfer pricing adjustments for the region.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of professional experience in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Understanding of GAAP and standard cost accounting experience preferred
- Background in industrial manufacturing industry highly preferred
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Strong written communication and oral communication skills required, must be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Results-oriented, dependable, and personally accountable for work quality and timeliness
- Focused, excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Strong interpersonal skills and organization savvy required: teaming, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Ability to work independently and with a team; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ethical; operates with high regard to integrity and trust
- Change agent; demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste; Six Sigma or Lean experience desired
- Business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Customer focus (internal and external customers)
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Systems skills/experience desired: Oracle Financials, MfgPro ERP, Longview Solutions Khalix, Cognos
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time