Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
- Responsible for department High Five metrics (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Inventory).
- Take lead in achieving daily shipping targets by identifying pull ahead opportunities and execution.
- Utilize lean six sigma methodologies to reduce shipping costs, inventory and lead-times as well as ensure alignment with long-term manufacturing strategies.
- Track and address all customer service misses daily while working within the formal quality management system to establish root cause and develop corrective actions.
- As it relates to daily customer service, track misses, identify root causes and initiate corrective action.
- Monitor and maintain SAP data integrity for proper issuance of material for all shipments, track accuracy: receiving, put-away, picking, packing, loading and shipping.
- Coordinate interplant transfers and customer shipments with other Eaton facilities and consignment warehouses.
- Coordinate with various cross-functional team members to resolve issues affecting on time shipping performance. This includes rapid responses to customer requests.
- Enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Responsible for achieving department productivity metrics (i.e., lines per hour).
- Create a basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work processes are developed and followed and countermeasures are implemented where necessary.
- Lead annual physical inventory of distribution warehouse.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in supervision.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Relocation is not offered for this role. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Reno, NV will be considered.
Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain, or Business.
3 + years of supervisory and leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
SAP business system experience.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Strong time management skills.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time