Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
- Performs root cause and failure analyses as required on machines and quality concerns
- Leads engineering activities in implementing new Supercharger programs and machine upgrades.
- Supports current products in production through product engineering located at plant facility or in support location.
- Evaluates progress of manufacturing engineering projects and recommends and executes changes in objectives or procedures.
- Supports preparation of engineering departmental budgets, capital plans and strategic action plans, as well as participates in the creation, implementation, and administration of departmental policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Assists in the creation of cost reduction programs and projects to meet goals.
- Represents Engineering at major customer meetings covering program direction, development or quality issues.
- Coordinates and supports manufacturing and maintenance functions to improve the availability of equipment by reducing down time
- Working knowledge of manufacturing operations and applies that knowledge to resolve manufacturing concerns. (Includes special knowledge in machining and coating, controls, automation, robotics, in process testing, etc.)
- Supports Product Engineering management on launching Supercharger projects.
- Manage Major Outsourced Vendors as needed
- Champions development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems and processes. Trains others in the use of engineering systems.
- Plans and executes the activities for identifying, procuring, installing, and debugging new production equipment and data acquisition systems with specialized sensors and signal conditioning. Develops and applies technical and diagnostic skills to verify functionality of production equipment.
- Maintains understanding of products, manufacturing processes, and product applications. Local expert in assigned projects.
- Maintain annual lock out, tag out and Electrical Safety certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 1 years of experience in Manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- MBA preferred
- 2+ years of Manufacturing
- Working knowledge and experience with machining
- Prior experience working in the Automotive industry
- Demonstrated ability with process controls, performance and noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) testing, PLC programming (Allen Bradley), automation and robotics
- Strong knowledge of product development and product launch cycle/activities
- Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time