Country Sales Manager Portugal
Eaton's Electrical Division has an opening for a:
Country Sales Manager Portugal
Location: Sintra, Portugal
Country Sales Leader for Portugal legal entities will be responsible for ensuring that Eaton meets the agreed company plans, budget targets for Life Safety Division sales growth and company cost containment in Portugal whilst applying Eaton standard work practices.
He/ She will act as the senior Eaton representative in the Country providing inspirational leadership to all the employees internally and as an ambassador for Eaton externally. Will have to ensure that Eaton policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times.
This position is based in Sintra and reports to Sales Director Iberia, based in Spain.
• Manage and direct the activities for the Eaton Electrical sector's Life Safety Division Sales Operations in Portugal providing business and operational leadership to the LSD sales team and associated support functions
• Communicate and maintain trust relationships with all local stakeholders, business partners and authorities
• Oversee the local company’s overall performance and other local business ventures
• Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of employees providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum -performance, read all submitted reports by lower rank managers/emplyees to reward performance, prevent issues and resolve problems
• Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of Eaton in Portugal in ways that strengthen Eaton profile
• Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure Eaton success and growth
• Responsibility for the local Quality Management System as well as the local warehouse operations.
• Bachelor's University Degree (preferably business related), or equivalent gained through experience, plus 5-10 years of experience in Technical Sales
• Commercial Building experience desirable
• Proven track record of achieving business success as a Sales Manager.
• Experienced Manager of People, with track record of managing teams.
• Ability to influence decision making of key stakeholders
• Intercultural awareness
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated executive presence – board room quality – able to represent Eaton to senior managers externally and internally
• Mastery of written and spoken Portuguese and Spanish, proficiency in English language.
What Eaton offers:
• Permanent contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time