Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
ZA South Africa Associate Buyer.SCM.Procurement.-SB05.ZA.South Africa Natl 12 Month.5-(12 MONTHLY)
The role provides an effective, efficient, fair, competitive and transparent buying and expediting service to the organization, and in addition coordinates and controls the purchasing/expediting function on the ERP system to ensure effective cost control and on time delivery from both internal and external suppliers. Operational role within the Supply Chain department.
Support order entry and scheduling. Monitor the procurement workflow to ensure on time delivery.
Follow up, receive and update daily confirmations on orders placed
Follow up on outstanding orders.
Filing all paperwork neatly in a SCM file with all relevant information on file
Document process and procedures that are consistent with corporate policy & identifies process improvement opportunities (creation of supply chain handbook).
Assisting on both local and international purchases
Accuracy of orders processed
* Amount of orders processed per month
* Accuracy of overall files (All data on file, Confirmations, Shortage Lists)* Purchase according to the suppliers database & BEE requirements
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Vendor management experience.
- Syspro knowledge and experience.
- 3 Years Logistics / Purchasing / experience in a structured SCM environment (Corporate)
- Code 08 Drivers License
- Decision making skills, highly motivated for change and be able to multi task.
· Interpersonal Communication Skills
· Professional Presence
· Holding Self and Others Accountable
· Team Player
· Drive to solution in highly complex situations
· Work in cross-department teams to achieve results
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Region
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No