IPO Global Category Manager (Steel Bar & Flat Roll)
Eaton Corporate Sector has an opening for :
IPO Global Category Manager (Steel Bar & Flat Roll)
Location: Hungary - Budapest
The Global Category Manager for Steel supporting and aligning business requirements forming a joint enterprise level category strategy. Role is global and covers all Businesses and manufacturing locations worldwide. Global category spend is around $440M.
Leads the development, management and oversight of standard supply chain processes and develops global strategies, from the IPO Budapest office, through consensus building to implement corporate-wide cost effective improvements for Eaton globally. This position develops long term commodity strategic planning, creates commodity metrics and ensures commodity strategies are aligned, deployed and meet the requirements of the Supply Chain Management across global operations. Position is accountable for effectively implementing Eaton’s strategic plan and managing measurable results.
- Establishes and leads supply chain teams in developing strategies to leverage Eaton’s world-wide buy, generate cost-outcome results, reduce supply base and improve quality and service performance.
- Initiates, develops and executes global strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global preferred supplier partners.
- Negotiates and manages key strategic supplier contracts and relationships
- Reviews, approves, monitors and reports compliance to commodity agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
- Develop innovative business solutions, forecasts and commodity projections.
- Presents to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
- Leads global and regional commodity teams for supporting and managing supply chain strategic and operations goals and objectives.
- Identify and implement innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through high performance cross-functional teams.
- Benchmarks procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
- Creates alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans.
- Ensure compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Sustainability Programs
- Leads the team in conducting Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferred MBA or specialized Master’s degree in Procurement related studies with ten plus years’ experience in commodity management or fifteen plus years of actual supply chain work experience.
- Acknowledged expert in identifying and understanding current trends in supply chain management specific to services, direct and /or indirect materials.
- Exhibits excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, (internal and at the suppliers), operations and supply chain management personnel.
- Demonstrates ability in strategic process creation and implementation, knowledge and experience in successfully deploying commodity strategies and driving cost-out.
- Demonstrates ability to lead cross-functional/global teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of business results for cross-functional business initiatives and commodity strategies.
- Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization.
- Creative thinker and have a vision of how to drive the organization to the next level of strategic commodity management.
- Have a demonstrated ability in the area of strategic process creation and implementation and demonstrates a bias for action and implementation
- Experience in managing multiple tasks globally
- Must be able to identify and implement emerging supply management tools.
- Have strong motivation and mentoring skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Global business experience is required with experience in negotiating with global suppliers.
- Must have the ability to directly lead and manage people within the organization
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time