Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Support and Applications Engineer
• Provide level 1 front line Technical support for software and connectivity on 1ph and 3ph products
• Provide primary front line technical support for 1ph UPS, ePDU and where necessary 3ph Products covering all technical requirements for both pre and post sales, from customers, field sales / internal sales and marketing.
• Provide complete technical, application & design support for Eaton’s Power Quality product / Electrical solutions portfolio by analyzing customer specifications and recommending best in class engineered solutions.
• Manage, Aid and Assist colleagues in Budapest Service Centre to deliver best in class Technical support to UK customers, sales and marketing. Ensuring continual development and learning of this team.
• Manage all 1ph escalations by building relationships with the 1ph Business unit
• Technical Review of customer electrical schematic, Product Specifications and any other relevant documents and recommend appropriate Eaton solutions to match, providing compliance statements where required – supporting the sales channels in their Tender responses.
• The primary products include: 3phase UPS (93PS, 93PM & associated 3rd party products), single phase UPS and all UPS added value product, Take joint responsibility for technical group email inbox, customer support & customer contact management.
• Assist in the creation, ongoing support and development of the Technical library in conjunction with the Technical Manager
The essential functions of the role include:
Customer, Channel & Sales Support:
• Possess strong understanding of all technical aspects of electrical products and related applications.
• Possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and be able to understand and resolve complex customer application issues.
• Interpret customer specifications, drawings and schematics to provide quotes, solutions, and accurate information for quotes and orders.
• Be available and manage daily phone, and email activity to provide directions, solutions and recommendations to internal and external customers.
• Effectively communicate sales and product value proposition and strategies, in relation to the 1ph, PDU and mid-tier 3ph product groups.
Product Line Support:
• Work closely with the 1ph Business unit and IT Field Product Marketing Manager to delivery best in class product support to the UK country sales organization.
• Preview and provide feedback on product information or tools developed by sales or product lines.
• Make recommendations for product / Technical enhancements and offerings through Business Unit workshops
• Highlight potential quality issues and drive resolution through appropriate channels in the Business Units.
• Proactively communicate customer needs to the product lines.
• Provide feedback to product marketing and engineering regarding catalog information, cross reference data, renewal parts information, technical drawings, and any other technical documentation found in hard copy, electronic format or on the website.
• Maintain and expand product knowledge base available to all internal and external customers.
• Represent the Product Lines (1ph, PDU and Mid-Tier 3ph) as required within the Field Sales community.
• Develop a knowledge base of product information to improve customer and sales support.
• Use business systems provided by the company to ensure records are accurately kept up to date. (CRM, K-Open, SharePoint)
• Enhance individual and team performance through APEX goals and projects centered on driving productivity improvements, increase value, customer loyalty, and a high performance culture.
• Periodically travel to company events to train on products and processes.
• Willingness and expectation of taking on additional/new product lines as appropriate.
• After-hours support not normally expected but may be required on occasion.
• Daily activity performed with little or no supervision.
QualificationsElectrical engineering qualification is preferred (HND, Degree). Eaton will provide product-specific training. Candidate should be capable of understanding and working with electrical single line diagrams and interpreting best application design in collaboration with end users and channel partners.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time