Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Eaton’s Power Controls Division is hiring a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer. The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be based from our Camarillo, CA facility.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for new product design, qualification testing, sustaining and factory support for two product lines (Tactical communication and commercial aircraft products) and support ongoing large programs as required.
- Design, package, create 3D models, create detailed drawings or create simple stack-up analyses to satisfy project, program, or customer needs.
- Conduct more advanced layout and stack-up analyses, and resolve moderately challenging design issues with minimum direction needed.
- Evaluate stack-up analyses to define linear and geometric tolerances.
- Participate actively in design reviews.
- Work in a team environment.
- Participate in design process improvement efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Advanced 3d software design packages
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
- Working experience with SolidWorks.
- Experience in stack-up analysis, creating detailed drawings and experience in geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Knowledge of machine shop practices
- Desire for design
- Self-starter with desire to be successful
- Strong communication skills, ability to speak with all levels of organization
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time