Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Learn and apply knowledge of principles and practices of mechanical systems
- Develop conclusions from analyses and apply results to support project team’s activities
- Provides engineering solutions that meet customer performance, weight, cost, and schedule requirements
- Work closely with customers to define explicit non-ambiguous end use requirements
- Provide technical direction for assigned projects from initial concept phase to product delivery
- Understand mechanical systems and robust design methods
- Proactively learn processes and technologies to support design efforts
- Select materials, finishes, processes, and dimensions required to meet design intent
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers, designers, and suppliers to create and release detail and assembly drawings to achieve customer requirements
- Perform thermal, structural, fluid dynamic, vibration, and tolerance analyses to verify compliance with design requirements
- Use FEA and manual approaches as required
- Provide “hands on” support to manufacturing during machining, assembly, and test of prototype and production hardware
- Perform product design verification and validation testing to determine design compliance
- Support product improvement and cost reduction initiatives by evaluating engineering change requests
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Materials Science Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of college course work completed
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing in a 50 miles radius of Glenolden, PA will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Hands on experience with Design engineering, test engineering, drawing interpretation, and application of materials, finishes, machining processes, and machine design practices
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, Catia, Pro-E, AutoCAD, and PC-based systems is desired
- Co-op experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No