Field Service Electronics Engineer
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Field Service Electronics Engineer in the Pacific Northwest.
At Eaton, our engineers and technologists deliver solutions to some of our customers’ most challenging energy management requirements. We are looking for people who bring the passion for science, engineering, and technology; and can drive innovation and engineering excellence. Let’s talk about your future with Eaton!
Eaton Corporation’s Power Quality Division designs Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems, batteries, and electronic based products to ensure reliability in the most demanding applications. UPS systems condition power to protect against power quality hazards, as well as provide continuous backup power during outages. Like an automobile, UPS systems require preventative maintenance to ensure optimal performance.
Our Field Service Electronics Engineers are highly prepared through coaching, mentoring, and formalized training to deal with battery installation, maintenance, replacement, and disposal. Eaton provides in-house training to ensure our field technicians are experts on our products, from ones manufactured 15 years ago to those built today. Eaton is committed to flawless service execution and surveys our customers for satisfaction to deliver continuous improvement of its product.
This position will be responsible for servicing electrical (high voltage environment) UPS systems, batteries, and electronic based products at customer sites. Performs on-site emergency and preventative maintenance and repair, as well as installation of company product in a 24/7 on-call environment with regional responsibility. Products to include uninterruptible power supplies and batteries. Provides technical support to customers and serves as contact on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
This position will be located remotely and will work out of a home office within the immediate geographic area.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties.
- Analyzes test data and recognize deviation from acceptable values
- Manages company assets, controls personal inventory, and uploads all field activity reports
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Takes ownership of an assigned task and see it through to a successful completion
- Responsible to meet annual goals set forth by Management (utilizations, work completions, etc.)
- Provides ongoing customer interaction and meets customer service requirements
- Performs other duties as required
Field Service Electronics Engineers have excellent opportunities for advancement through a defined technical career path. We offer a competitive salary package based on skills and experience; comprehensive fringe benefits program including 401k, medical, dental, tuition reimbursement, overtime, and vacation; as well as providing tools to perform responsibilities of the role including a company vehicle, laptop, and phone.
- Minimum of 3 years of power systems, battery technologies, and electronic experience.
- HS Diploma or GED from an accredited Institution
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate Pacific Northwest geographic area will be considered
- Ability to read schematics drawings and company technical publications
- Ability to read electrical drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques
- Ability to work with other CSEs and take directions from the lead CSE on site
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and microprocessor controls and programming
- Understand how to use Oscilloscope
- Understand how to perform phase rotation and phase alignment checks
- Basic understanding of network functionality and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is appropriate to use insulated tools
- Understand need for safety, and comply with company and customer rules on safety
- Must demonstrate proficiency on products and field processes before being dispatched to the field
- Must provide high quality of service
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills, attentive to details, and a focus on customer satisfaction
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited school and/or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 75% of drive-time expected.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time