Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Ethics and Compliance Manager
The incumbent will: promote and champion a culture of integrity that prizes ethical decision-making and speaking up;
develop and deploy a strategy for executing GEC initiatives, including oversight of internal investigations, training and
communications, and risk management.
1. Leadership and Strategy:
2. Develop and deploy a strategy that addresses the unique legal, regulatory and cultural implications for Mexico and
aligns with the business’s key strategic initiatives.
3. Provide advice and counsel to business leaders on ethics and compliance issues, trends, and programs.
4. Promote ethical decision-making, share trends, best practices, and lessons learned, and reinforce the Company’s
commitment to Doing Business Right.
- Lead Regional Investigations:
0.1. Lead internal investigations of matters reported through the Help Line. Communicate with reporters, identify issues
and risks, develop investigation strategies and plans, identify appropriate resources to support the investigation, gather
evidence, including interviewing witnesses, and write investigation reports.
2. Escalate matters as appropriate to business stakeholders. Develop recommendations for resolution of matters and the
execution of action/mitigation plans. Ensure accountability and consistency in discipline and corrective actions.
3. Provide oversight, coaching and direction to individuals conducting investigations, such as HR, Finance, Internal Audit,
4. Synthesize the results of investigations, including trends, risks, and root cause, and communicate results effectively to
key stakeholders, including business leadership and GEC leadership.
5. Ensure governance, accountability and compliance through effective oversight and adherence to the investigations
protocol, including writing investigation reports; ensure that all matters are documented properly in the matter
management system on a timely basis.
- Training and Communications:
0. Create, develop, and deploy sustainable training initiatives for leaders, employees, and third parties in Mexico that
improve ethical decision-making and drive ethical behavior.
1. Develop and deploy regional communications to educate leaders and employees on the Code of Ethics, share regional
trends, issues, and lessons learned, and reinforce Eaton’s commitment to Doing Business Right.
2. Develop and deploy live training for leaders, employees, and third party partners as appropriate.
3. Collaborate with local leadership teams to ensure that: (a) required ethics training is delivered to all new employees
via new employee orientation; (b) training metrics are monitored; (c) annual 1 hour ethics training is delivered to all
employees as required; (d) processes for tracking training are completed as required, including the year-end certification;
(e) training requirements are communicated to target audiences; and (f) and online training is completed in a timely
- Manage Compliance Risk:
0. Provide oversight on the deployment of compliance initiatives in Mexico, including the annual risk assessment, third
party due diligence program, and data protection program, ensuring adherence to all and related processes, policies and
procedures for each program.
1. Provide oversight of risk assessment and mitigation activities for Mexico through collaboration with business leaders
and functional leaders in Audit, Finance, Law, HR and other areas.
- Law degree
- Admitted to practice law in Mexico / member of the bar
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading complex corporate internal investigations
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, including outside Mexico
- Must be fluent and proficient in English and Spanish
- Demonstrated experience working with senior executives, including developing and presenting strategy, advocating and
influencing, coaching and advising, and providing direct feedback.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience conducting and managing complex corporate investigations involving all areas of
compliance, including corruption, financial fraud, theft, conflicts of interest, government contracts, and other sensitive
issues, including matters potentially involving criminal conduct
- Ability to maintain discretion and protect confidentiality, interface with law enforcement and appropriate government
relations and representatives.
- Thorough knowledge of business operations, standards, values, code of ethics and regulations affecting ethics and
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with compliance risk areas, including anticorruption, FCPA, UK
Bribery Act, and other anti-bribery laws and regulations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and platform skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the
company to enforce standards where necessary in a persuasive manner.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ability to balance business interests with the need to exercise independent judgment
and to raise (and escalate if necessary) potentially sensitive or contentious issues.
- Solid influencing and organization skills with demonstrated managerial courage.
- Strong executive presence, including demonstrated experience presenting, reporting out, and influencing at the executive
- Highly developed sense of judgment and risk management skills, with proven ability to think globally.
- Ability to think and act strategically. Good problem solver; able to analyze, evaluate and distill complex qualitative and
quantitative data and issues into workable parts and report on same.
- Proficiency in other regional languages preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time