Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer Sourcing
- Establishes partnerships and negotiate contracts with existing and new potential suppliers
- Administers formal supplier improvement process to include quantitative supplier performance measures for quality, delivery and total cost
- Selection of vendors with capabilities and material specifications to meet requirements
- Identification of cost reduction opportunities based on current spend and Implementation of quick actions to attain cost saving
- Deploy commodity wise sourcing strategy, which will incorporate the increasing volumes and variety of components and finished products
- Working closely with the Product Development team to identify and secure new vendors in order to achieve lowest total costs
- Ensures that all sourcing activity meets both internal company standards and external regulatory requirements with respect to Health and Safety to ensure the company’s obligations and policies in these areas are fully complied with
- Develops and implements vendor appraisal routines and ensure all potential and new suppliers are appraised in accordance with the policy
- Develops and implements formal review procedures with the vendor base to ensure cost cut down and quality enhancement opportunities are routinely sought identified and examined utilizing each vendor’s development expertise in their own field
- Supports local purchasing when needed
- Recommends vendor rationalization to ensure an effective supplier base from information gained through routine vendor appraisals, vendor performance measurement and vendor partnerships
- Graduate Engineer Mechanical or Electrical
- Experience in developing systems and procedures
- Experience in supplier Identification, supplier selection and supplier development.
- Experience in RFQ Floating and Price finalization based on market price
- Knowledge about market operating price and various commodity trends
- Hands-on experience in development & testing, product development procedures & concepts like Benchmarking, Reverse Engineering
- Negotiation skills
- Knowledge in International Product standards
- Good communicator of both written and verbal information
- Good interpersonal skills, man management, planning and analytical ability
- Good problem solving skills
- High level of attention to detail essential
- Highly ethical and able to work in cross functional team
- Knowledge in Product Life Cycle Management tools - SAP PLM preferred
- Strong results orientation with good cross cultural exposure
- Process: Pro-Launch, DFSS,
- Skill: Problem resolved, Costing, Presentation
- Language: Good writing and oral English level and Speaking Hindi is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: PQD India
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time