Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Corporate Electrical Services and Systems Group is seeking an Senior Financial Analyst. The Senior Financial Analyst will be based out of our Burlington, ON, Canada facility.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing proactive financial service to the management team through innovative planning, analysis, consulting and reporting while maintaining effective controls in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and Eaton corporate policy.
- Provides accurate and timely financial analysis and reports to aid in profitably managing the business (EESS) and makes recommendations to compensate for variances when detected
- Participates in the development and communication of internal budgets and assists in the preparation of strategic and profit plans for the EESS operations
- Develops, distributes and communicates EESS plant incentive goals, performance and results and maintains accurate and adequate reserves for incentive and agent commissions
- Implements financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Eaton Financial policies, GAAP, local regulations and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Provides accurate and timely account reconciliations
- Reconciles sub-ledger systems to general ledger
- Reviews EESS capital spending requests and develops EESS capital requirements on an ongoing basis
- Manages the accurate and
efficient processing of transactions to the accounting systems and ensures
compliance with federal and provincial sales tax regulations
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in business
- Pursuing or in possession of professional designation (CPA, CMA, CGA, CA)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance or accounting is
- Oracle Experience
exposure to US GAAP, SOX and revenue recognition.
- Knowledge of federal/provincial laws and regulations regarding taxes
- Understanding of foreign exchange transaction and translation reporting
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
- Ability to work with others in remote locations required – effective communication across distance
- Ability to build relationships with key managers and provide timely, solid business advice are key success factors
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time