Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Logistics Analyst
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Lead Logistics Analyst
Location: Hungary - Budapest
The analyst will act as main support of Inbound and Road Commodity Manager EMEA, and also will be responsible to operationally support tenders and projects related to inbound logistics throughout EMEA, WE outbound transportation, and road commodity.
- The Analyst will coordinate the data gathering, and will be in direct connection with all Eaton EMEA sites both for Electrical and Industrial business segments. The person has to collaborate with Pune SSC to prepare tender, and logistics operational raw data and analysis.
- The position has to be single point of contact for data quality improvements, and supplier raw data collection integrity.
- As Lead Logistics Analyst will monitor a spend of $40M, and has to have experience of successfully work in multi-site operations: 14 countries, 150 Eaton sites and who therefore has the ability to operate in a fast paced, customer oriented Logistics environment.
- Also the person will work very close on the warehouse and transportation network change projects for the EMEA region.
- We expect also to be operationally engaged and support on plant WHS and logistics operations project execution, and if possible, also to initiate ideas/cost out projects between the logistics providers and Eaton sites for road transportation, goal is to generate %1 of the spend as savings in CODB ($400k approx.) parallel track all related cost outs on periodically with the stake holders/Logistics Providers.
- Work with DC’s and sites in order to understand their in- and outbound shipment frequencies, lead times, inventory levels and switch more to FTL. Execute smaller projects on freight consolidation opportunities with other Eaton sites in the sub region; i.e. for the same route and close location sites/destinations combine the shipments under FTL so achieve cost out.
- As the Analyst lead of the region; for the inbound and outbound material flow’s she/he must be part of CI projects so the optimum material ways are created. The person must work together with the 3rd party logistics providers ensure all identified projects are bringing the forecasted cost out, and all action items are successfully provided by site.
- The employee must also engage into logistics provider’s network and be part of logistics tenders in preparation phase, as well as the evaluation. During the operational support of the tenders, has to grant the use the available technologies (e.g.: E-bidding), to meet the cost out targets. The person has to be in charge of preparation for QBRs, and also the nominated providers must be evaluated quarterly on their performance rates vs their committed KPI’s and any deviation must be strictly followed and escalated to Manager.
- Follows logistics performing metrics, tracks, analyzes and communicates key performance metrics to Manager. Develops standardized as well as tailored solutions to address plant needs.
- Continuously look for cost out opportunities, while working on data. If list of ideas identified, also provide 4Ups to ensure the background logic, and also responsible for financials.
- Ensures strategic initiatives are communicated to stakeholders, and sponsorship, resources and support are secured to obtain targets.
- This role is required to work closely with internal and external stakeholders to meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of service, cost, speed, flexibility and reliability.
- It is also essential to work in collaboration with cross functional teams in new launching regional critical projects starting from the initiation phase to have a successful go live; defining in advance the routes, define the logistics providers, frequencies all daily operational details so a flawless launch can be made and this can be achieved with the lowest cost to Eaton.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain/Logistics or equivalent work experience
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a fast paced, high volume logistics environment
- Knowledge of 3rd party logistics providers.
- Strong analytical ability with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Detail oriented and possesses self-motivation and problem solving skills
- Self-directed, self-motivated and results-oriented
- Ability to benchmark and research latest industry related operational best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills.
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially excel
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No