- This role works with a wide range of people in varying roles across the organization, including hourly associates, site leadership, personnel at other Eaton facilities and outside suppliers. The position is responsible for coordination of the daily operational activities of the business unit. These duties are performed personally and through subordinates to ensure established business goals are met.
- Supervise the activities of the assembly associates to assure that efficiencies are maximized and performance targets, both productivity related and customer service related, are achieved. Provide counseling as needed to improve performance, following established facility procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating shift schedules to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations
- Responsible for monitoring employees’ working time, approving payroll information, enforcing company policies and standards, and addressing personnel issues as they arise.
- Monitor group performance measurements and act as a catalyst to support improvement activities to achieve the established improvement goals.
- Manage staffing levels to appropriate and efficient levels by working with Manager and Human Resources, and lead hiring initiatives and interviews for potential candidates for job openings
- Provide a support function to the assembly associates. Interface with the associates, other departments Human Resources, other shift supervisors and managers as required to assure that needs are met as required to assure that support needed to achieve assembly requirements are provided in a timely fashion.
- Provide timely answers to employees or steer them to the appropriate information source regarding requests for assistance or information.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement efforts and lean projects
- Ensure that a secure, safe and healthy work environment consistent with established policies and procedures is maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of production/manufacturing experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct leadership experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of work location will be considered
- Demonstrated ability to motivate employees to action and achieve performance goals.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and successfully lead and implement change activities
- Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with all levels of employees
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in Business or related field from an accredited institution
- Leadership experience in high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
- Experience with lean tools
- Project Management Experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No