Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
SCM SSC Sourcing-NPD Engineer
Work closely with Engineering on cost out opportunities identified via Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VAVE) workshops
Provides market intelligence to Engineering teams on potential suppliers & advanced manufacturing technologies
Providing teardown and benchmarking support to Engineering
RFQ Management – Float RFQ’s to suppliers, in-depth analysis of RFQ’s for prototypes
Coordinating new vendor registration, follow up with vendors to get quotes
Analysis of quotes and data gathering for negotiations
Collaboration with EIEC and Global Engineering Team, Eaton Global plants and Global suppliers to achieve cost competitive purchasing within stipulated time line, with good quality.
Be a CFT member to manage the on time implementation and deployment of New Product Initiatives (NPI) projects globally at optimum cost and right quality.
Understands and applies process channel knowledge for acquiring materials and/or services in order to ensure delivery requirements for commodities and/or service customers
Capability to develop external ecosystem to speed up prototyping timelines/Communication skills to deal with prototype vendors
Preparation of monthly MIS reports for leadership team, engineering stakeholders and Project Team members
- Bachelors in Engineering with 4-5 Yrs. experience in New Product Development in a manufacturing organization
- Knowledge of costing, manufacturing knowledge (DFM), procurement process, PPAP and GD&T, different type of materials & commodities. Should have experience in sheet metal, machining, additive manufacturing, castings
- Strong Knowledge in MS Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Need to have working Knowledge of any ERP.
- Ability to communicate clearly & effectively in person , via e-mail and over phone
- Quick response to deadlines
- Executing activities and working autonomously with minimal direction
- Business acumen: Understanding how markets work
- Excellent communication – written and verbal
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time