Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior HR Generalist
Eaton's Electrical Division has an opening for a:
Senior HR Generalist
Location: Slough, UK (Position also covers Knapwell and Bognor sites)
To provide a comprehensive HR support to management and employees within the UK Country Sales organization with specific responsibility for day to day HR issues on the Slough site. Work in conjunction with the HR Manager to find opportunities to solve business problems through broad and up-to-date knowledge of employment law, organizational behavior, change management, best practices and company policy.
- Provide advice and guidance to leaders on employment and employee relations issues including company policies and procedures, terms of employment and employment legislation, ensuring fair and ethical management actions at all times. Identify and clarify problems; evaluate potential solutions; implement selected solutions; coach and counsel managers and employees. Ensure policies and procedures are updated in line with legislation changes.
- Be an active change agent, focusing on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures providing direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- Play a key role in supporting the development and training of leaders of people and employees. Identify training needs and skills gaps and deliver training programs and support performance improvement plans.
- In conjunction with the Talent acquisition team and as determined by the HR Manager, deploy the company recruitment and selection process, including raising requisitions in the online system, advertising on Eaton jobs and supporting hiring managers in the interview process ensuring high potential candidates are selected using Eaton Leadership Model competency based questions.
- Work with managers and the Compensation and Benefits team to manage employee compensation, job descriptions, annual merit reviews, incentive plans and employee benefits ensuring fairness, consistency and equity in line with our compensation philosophy.
- Ensure all new starters receive appropriate orientation into the company.
- Ensure the payroll amendments are administered accurately and on time and liaise appropriately with the payroll department and employees.
- Prepare metrics related to key HR data and respond on time to requests for reports. Collect and analyze data and recommend courses of action. Ensure the HRMS system is maintained fully accurately and that regular audits are implemented and work with the HR Services team to process administration.
- Support the implementation and coordinate the administrative requirements of Organizational Capability Assessment, Succession Planning, Apex, training plans, the employee survey, sales incentive plan and other employee related processes, including of the pension scheme and flexible benefits program.
- Monitor attendance levels and implement controls as appropriate, including liaising with occupational health and conducting home visits.
- Be an advocate for employees, responding to their need for information on policies, procedures, benefits, pay etc and develop positive working relations with employee representatives.
- On occasion travel to other sites within the remit.
- Degree in an HR or Business Related Discipline
- CIPD Qualified
- Ability to work autonomously
- Learn quickly in a complex environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of UK employment legislation
- Organizational skills – managing administration/systems/workload effectively
- High degree of confidentiality, reliability, discretion, quality and professionalism
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in computer software, Microsoft Office
- Compensation and Benefit experience
- Knowledge of apprenticeship levy and hiring process
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of HR systems (e.g. Oracle, SAP, HRMS)
- Pensions Knowledge
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic is really important for us
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/index.htm.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time