Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior SAP Project Manager
- Planning, controlling and executing project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met
- Working with Resource Managers to staff projects
- Defining and communicating roles for project team members (functional-technical)
- Establishing project budget, tracking spend and communicating current and project burn rates
- Working with customers and technical resources to develop project plans, detailing work break down structures and critical path
- Ensuring that requirements are contained within defined scope
- Performing risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation
- Managing customer and external supplier deliverables
- Developing communication strategies and lead communications with key stakeholders
- Documenting and driving issues through resolution, escalating to customer, supplier and IT management as necessary
- Working in a highly matrix organization spanning domestic and international locations
- Complex process and organizational change management
- Large scale regional and transformational SAP projects in a matrixed international environment with senior leadership being the primary stakeholders
- Providing project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
- Defining and communicating roles and responsibilities for project team members – functional and technical
- Developing project plans including detailing work breakdown structures and critical path
- Working with customers and technical resources to develop project schedule and detailed cost breakdowns
- Performing risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
- Ensuring sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- Developing communication strategies and leading communications with mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders
- Monitoring and reporting on schedule and budget variances
- Ensuring quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan
- Developing communication strategies and leading communications with senior executives (VP, Directors and Officers) and key stakeholders globally.
- Managing third party suppliers.
- Directing the work of a large scale team of IT and functional resources
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 10 year’s Project Management experience
Prior Management experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Successfully led major SAP enterprise system implementations in large global organizations
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
Successfully led several major multi-year SAP enterprise system implementations in large global organizations
May manage multiple highly complex projects simultaneously.
Advanced understanding of the business and IT Strategic Plan
Subject Matter Expert (SME) understanding of some of the business processes at Eaton or a prior Company
Advanced understanding of organizational structure (business and IT)
SME understanding of some of Eaton’s or prior company key application(s) and/or IT Infrastructure
SME understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function
Intermediate to advanced technical knowledge and solid understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time