Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Eaton’s Corporate Power Quality Division within the Electrical Sector is seeking a Senior Financial Planning Analyst. The Senior Financial Planning Analyst will be based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
Senior Financial Planning Analyst is responsible for preparing financial
analysis and assisting in development of financial forecasts and closings for
the Power Quality headquarters and division. They will manage the process of
gathering, analyzing and reporting on information used to communicate operating
results, sales performance, and ad hoc requests in a timely and accurate manner
to ensure that division management and support functions are receiving critical
information needed to perform their jobs.
- Support the monthly closing & rolling forecast processes for the Power Quality Division and PQ headquarters ledger and provides high quality, timely, and accurate information for the leadership team and supporting functions.
- Coordinates the monthly consolidation of global PQ sales data, and creates quarterly market data submissions to external parties. Serves as main point of contact between Eaton and external market analysis groups.
- Provides on site support and analysis for the Raleigh Area Plants accounting teams in addition to the headquarters ledger. Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives. Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management.
- Performs analysis/reconciliations of balance sheet and miscellaneous P&L accounts on a monthly basis for both headquarters and plant operations as needed. Reviews and resolves variances.
- Work in team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Assists with the recommendation, development, and implementation of process improvements in support of department goals.
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, vision, leadership attributes, and encourages continuous improvement
- All duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in financial or accounting is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Raleigh, NC facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience which includes a combination of finance (planning, analysis and performance reporting) and general accounting within a manufacturing/plant environment preferred
- Eaton financial systems skills/experience: Oracle Financials, Encore, PL Encore
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- High customer focus, must be able to gauge the needs of a variety of internal customers and adapt delivery style or level of detail as appropriate
- Ability to think strategically and see big picture in a constantly changing business environment and market
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Strong interpersonal skills and organization savvy required: training, collaborating, coaching, challenging assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately, confidently, and professionally across many organizational levels and functions; and effectively build rapport with stakeholders
- Ethical; operates with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality
- Business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time